Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain in next few months

Moving to Spain in next few months

Old Jun 30th 2019, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Mcgreevy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain in next few months

Me and my husband recently bought a house in Monte Azul near Benijofar, and we should be moving over there at the end of September. Can anyone give us an idea of where the best Supermarkets and Electrical shops are. We will also be buying a car,are we better buying from an English showroom or a Spanish one any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shelagh & David McGreevy
Old Jul 1st 2019, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain in next few months

Try google maps. That shows locations of supermarkets and other shops etc.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Just go on Google, people who don't live in Benijofar will know nothing about it,

Google

Market near the Church on Tuesday mornings

https://en.supermercados-en-espana.c...-benijofar.php

https://www.amazon.es/

Use Google Chrome browser and it translates pages for you

Did you not spend a lot of time in the area before buying property there?
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Debs276 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Good luck in your new life , we are looking to do the same possibly two years time, but will go over for a time first haven’t decided which area yet,
the question about buying a car would be info for us also.
We are going to A Place in the Sun exhibition soon to get more info, any of your tips would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy , your countdown has begun , bet your busy now tho!!! Hope the move is running smoothly.
Deb & Andy
Old Jul 1st 2019, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Mcgreevy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

FenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really niceFenMary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mcgreevy1
Me and my husband recently bought a house in Monte Azul near Benijofar, and we should be moving over there at the end of September. Can anyone give us an idea of where the best Supermarkets and Electrical shops are. We will also be buying a car,are we better buying from an English showroom or a Spanish one any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shelagh & David McGreevy
Please try forum Costablancaforum. They seem to have many people who live on South Costa Blanca. You can apply the actual town onto your search, many people ask questions like yours.

Good luck with your new life in Spain 🇪🇸 😎
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move. Monte Azul is a little isolated and not well served by public transport i.e. no shops, bars and restaurants. You will need a car, but don't be in a rush to buy as they are very cheap to hire. I would avoid "English" car dealers.
We like Mercadona for supermarket shopping https://www.mercadona.es/.
The biggest electrical dealer is in Hnos Garcia. You will find everything you need here Muebles Hnos. Garcia – Muebles Hnos. Garcia

You will be spoiled for choice with very good shops, bars and restaurants in Benijojar, Rojales and Ciudad Quesada.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debs276
Hi
Good luck in your new life , we are looking to do the same possibly two years time, but will go over for a time first haven’t decided which area yet,
the question about buying a car would be info for us also.
We are going to A Place in the Sun exhibition soon to get more info, any of your tips would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy , your countdown has begun , bet your busy now tho!!! Hope the move is running smoothly.
Deb & Andy
1. I've just picked myself up off the floor when I read you are going to an exhibition A Place in the Sun.
2. You are probably going to spend money on the 2nd most expensive purchase you ever made. I would advise that you decide on a particular area of Spain and rent there for no less than five consecutive weeks between November and April. Then you will know (a) If Spain is for you and (b) If that area is for you.
3. You will have to get an NIE number before you purchase property in Spain.
4. That number will be helpful to you when you decide to buy a car. That will be another Spanish adventure, believe me!
5. If you decide to purchase property in Spain do not hand over a cent until you have secured a solicitor who will act soley for you and is independent of the vendor, the estate agent etc.

I think I need a glass of water . . .
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

To Mcgreevy1
Congratulations on your purchase! May you enjoy the area you have chosen, what an adventure!
Good luck and please keep us all updated.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mcgreevy1
There are a lot of shops and bars and several supermarkets in Ciudad Quesada, 4 minutes in the car or 20 minutes walk. As for a car, we use the Citroen dealer in Benijjofar, they have always got a few very nice second hand cars alongside their new ones. They speak English and do all the paperwork for you.
Benijofar and Rojales, are both slightly further away from Monteazul. You have a very nice German run bar restaaurant on Monteazul called El Dorado.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEBS276
we are looking to do the same possibly two years time
Won't be possible if Boris or Hunt get their way and still unlikely even if there is a Brexshite deal.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Won't be possible if Boris or Hunt get their way and still unlikely even if there is a Brexshite deal.
How do you know it won't be possible? I would think it may be more difficult and maybe more expensive but not impossible.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 2:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
The fact is that nobody can say what will happen in the future so to say that it will not be possible is not helpful or true.

Rosemary
Old Jul 5th 2019, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Spain in next few months

Originally Posted by Rosemary
The fact is that nobody can say what will happen in the future so to say that it will not be possible is not helpful or true.

Rosemary
Absolutely true Rosemary. Thousands of people lived, worked and bought houses here before the EU was even part of our lives so I have no worries about the future, just perhaps a new form!
Old Jul 6th 2019, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Absolutely true Rosemary. Thousands of people lived, worked and bought houses here before the EU was even part of our lives so I have no worries about the future, just perhaps a new form!
A friend of mine from the US had to abandon her plans to retire in Spain... the Spanish requirements for Non-EU citizens were too tough.

The EU does provide its citizens with great advantages. These advantages will be gone. It won't be the same after Brexit. It will still be possible to move to Spain of course but very likely only if you have the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.