Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving to Spain: best spots around Malaga (up to 50km)

moving to Spain: best spots around Malaga (up to 50km)

Old Jan 11th 2014, 4:42 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Spain: best spots around Malaga (up to 50km)

Originally Posted by agoreira
How come you have got a flag and I haven't? Never seen one of those! I doubt I could name them all, but I know one it certainly isn't, and like you could have a good guess at a couple of the others. One racing certainty!
You will just have to try harder.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

imissun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by casa del sol
There are plenty of large villages/small towns approx 5 to 6 thousand people where there is hardly a week that goes by when there is not a fiesta and dancing/music goes on outside into the early hours of the morning, enough eating places and places to drink, but to those not in the know some would look like an ordinary house until the door is open. But these are places where mainly the Spanish live, they know how to enjoy themselves. Would that be a place that would interest you? Up to one hours drive into Malaga, many places it would be less, all have regular buses to Malaga Town, beaches and the Airport.
absolutely!
my plan is to learn Spanish, (English is my second language) and enjoy Spanish rich culture. Food, art, music - I won't be missing Brits (no offense though. I play on the guitar, so I will be looking for some musicianship anyway (I love flamenco),
Spanish live Yes!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 6:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crookesey
I just got a flag saying so many forum members had reported my post, I reckon that the flag appears on auto after a minimum number of report hits. I also reckon that I could name every one of the complainants, there are some real prats on this and every other forum, such is life.
Firstly, there is as far as I know, no flag system on this form that I know of. So no one knows how many of your posts have been reported, and you dont get something to tell you how many or a flag to humiliate you.

I see reported posts, as it emails me on every one. Your name isn't one that appears very regularly, so it's really a premature prat comment on this occasion
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:35 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Firstly, there is as far as I know, no flag system on this form that I know of. So no one knows how many of your posts have been reported, and you dont get something to tell you how many or a flag to humiliate you.

I see reported posts, as it emails me on every one. Your name isn't one that appears very regularly, so it's really a premature prat comment on this occasion
As I can't prove it, and you don't know for sure, we have a situation where you should ask yourself, why I would make something like this up over something so trivial. As you admit that reports of my posts do exist, I consider my 'prat' statement to be valid, however I may have to review my list.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As I can't prove it, and you don't know for sure, we have a situation where you should ask yourself, why I would make something like this up over something so trivial. As you admit that reports of my posts do exist, I consider my 'prat' statement to be valid, however I may have to review my list.
As Mitzy said, there is no such system on this forum so I have to conclude that you must have made it up for reasons I cannot begin to imagine.

Please get back to reality.

If you wish to discuss it further please note the forum rules which ask you to do so by PM to the moderators rather than discuss it on the open forum.

Last edited by Fred James; Jan 11th 2014 at 8:54 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops, several of the forum bores have been tap dancing on the report button because I posted the words 'gay guy', I must try harder not to upset their sensitivities.
There are always the sensitive type.
CaboPino is a lovely beach but as you say, not only a gay beach but quite a seedy one at that.
Dark shades, only look down, and you only have yourself to blame should your gaze drift either to the left or to the right!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imissun
absolutely!
my plan is to learn Spanish, (English is my second language) and enjoy Spanish rich culture. Food, art, music - I won't be missing Brits (no offense though. I play on the guitar, so I will be looking for some musicianship anyway (I love flamenco),
Spanish live Yes!
It's often better to be close, but not in the centre of the built up area. We were 6 kms from the largest town, but had the best of both worlds in that we had peace and quiet, but it was not far to go if we wanted hustle and bustle. I avoided Brits when I came to Spain, but in reality when you have the opportunity to choose who you are friendly with or not, it really doesnt matter

I have seen no report emails on the post you mention
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold

so after some research I decided that my first step into the Spain's sole would be Malaga and/or cities/towns nearby.
My decision is heavily influenced by Malaga's airport and connections to London and my 'old country' too. Logistics won, for many reasons, also financial.
I hope to eventually move to another place after first year or so, but maybe I will stay longer. I did visit Malaga, and I love it, it's beautiful city with character. Although I am moving out of London, and I don;t won't to live in the city, either outskirts of town, or some zona tranquilla or little town nearby, or bigger town like Velez-Malaga. One thing is certain, because my life curved and I am going solo, I want to have access to bars, restaurants, music, night life
I suggest that you head for any of the towns amongs the commuter train C1,= Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola. You will then have easy access to the Airport and all the Bars and Clubs you possibly need. If you then chose the outskirt of the towns then it would be cheaper, quiter and some nature as well.
Read more about the area here.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonnyx
I suggest that you head for any of the towns amongs the commuter train C1,= Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola. You will then have easy access to the Airport and all the Bars and Clubs you possibly need. If you then chose the outskirt of the towns then it would be cheaper, quiter and some nature as well.
Read more about the area here.
kindly thank you!
great advise
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

I came to very similar conclusion, considering Malaga - to check west and east coast, nearby. Something between Mijas and Nerja. That would allow an easy access to Malaga's airport, and city.
If there is anyone from Nerja, I would love to hear some first person experience from city.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:57 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I just got a flag saying so many forum members had reported my post, I reckon that the flag appears on auto after a minimum number of report hits. I also reckon that I could name every one of the complainants, there are some real prats on this and every other forum, such is life.
I have had a few fraught discussions with one or two moderators but never a flag

what does it look like ??

should we all get together by reporting your next or last post and see if it happens again ??
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:07 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Domino
I have had a few fraught discussions with one or two moderators but never a flag

what does it look like ??

should we all get together by reporting your next or last post and see if it happens again ??
Lets not talk any more about it ... because it actually doesn't exist, there's no such option / system / function on here
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I came to very similar conclusion, considering Malaga - to check west and east coast, nearby. Something between Mijas and Nerja. That would allow an easy access to Malaga's airport, and city.
If there is anyone from Nerja, I would love to hear some first person experience from city.
I think though not completely sure that LynnR lives there.
She´s contributed at the start of this thread.
From what I understand of her, she seems like a very nice lady and I´m sure would respond to a private message if you ask her directly???
If you read this Lynn, role your eyes, breath a big sigh and make a tutting noise, I´m sorry
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
I think though not completely sure that LynnR lives there.
She´s contributed at the start of this thread.
From what I understand of her, she seems like a very nice lady and I´m sure would respond to a private message if you ask her directly???
If you read this Lynn, role your eyes, breath a big sigh and make a tutting noise, I´m sorry
Thanks Stu, but I actually live in Velez-Malaga and already gave the OP some information about it in an earlier thread.

I do know Nerja fairly well as we go there often, and spent many holidays there before buying our house, but not as a resident. I find it a nice town in a lovely setting, but for me, as a non-driver, it is a little too far from Malaga airport by public transport. It does get very busy in the peak tourist season, sometimes to the extent that you can scarcely move in the narrow streets leading down to the Balcon, and parking is always said to be a nightmare.