Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Feb 6th 2021, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

GEOFFH06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Hi
We love the area, we had originally been looking around the Ciudad Quesada area but stumbled upon a house in Roldan online and absolutely love the area
Plenty of bars and restaurants, quite a few golf courses in the area and a short drive down to the Mar Menor. Lots of other places in the area to pick from
If you want to know anything about the area just send me a message
Old Feb 6th 2021, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Juliek1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we havnt been to the area b4 but hears great things about it , it’s a bit cheaper for properties than the Costa del sol , so will look at prices there for a 2 bed apartment and hopefully get there soon,

Thanks for reply

julie
Old Feb 7th 2021, 11:48 am
Just Joined

jasun is an unknown quantity at this point

hola

just moved to Galicia in time to get residency before Brexit kicks in

currently looking to buy a rural house in the Chantada area & in the meantime to rent for a couple of months so I can take my time; most internet sites have rentals at ridiculously high prices, if anyone has any good alternatives, let me know!

thanks, and glad to be here
Old Feb 7th 2021, 12:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasun
hola

just moved to Galicia in time to get residency before Brexit kicks in

currently looking to buy a rural house in the Chantada area & in the meantime to rent for a couple of months so I can take my time; most internet sites have rentals at ridiculously high prices, if anyone has any good alternatives, let me know!

thanks, and glad to be here
If you clarify which rental sites you have already looked at it would help members to inform you of others.

Rosemary
Old Feb 7th 2021, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

all of them, seriously; about twenty in all, and they are mostly the same properties & prices; what that leaves is message boards, forums, Facebook groups.... word of mouth
Old Feb 7th 2021, 1:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

all of them, seriously; about twenty in all, and they are mostly the same properties & prices; what that leaves is message boards, forums, Facebook groups.... word of mouth
No idea what it is like in your area but in many places any places to rent have signs on the houses with telephone numbers so walking around with pen and paper might help. Have you started the residency process yet? Were you living in Spain prior to 31st December 2020?

Rosemary
Old Feb 7th 2021, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

yes & yes

there are such signs on businesses but I haven't seen any on houses, esp not in the country. If only!
Old Feb 7th 2021, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

yes & yes

there are such signs on businesses but I haven't seen any on houses, esp not in the country. If only!
I suppose where you are would be very different to where the typical members on here are. In rural areas people mainly own their homes and few rent out. It seems Montforte de Lemos has a few more rentals.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

seems like it yes; it's too bad people don't use Craiglist for this in Spain, almost all available rentals are tourist-targeted and priced accordingly (some exceptions on idealista.com)
Old Feb 8th 2021, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

milanuncios is quite popular, as is wallapop. if there are any facebook groups in the area - they are also worth a look, put a message on along the lines of "hi everyone, we are looking for xxx if anyone knows of anything please drop me a line"

Old Feb 8th 2021, 1:37 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Fotocasa also has non-tourist rental accommodation.