Reload this Page >

Moving to spain

Moving to spain

Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

DaleJames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to spain

Hello all,

i am am looking to move to Spain shortly after Easter once my business interests here are all tied up.
Many advice on best places for 37 year olds where work is available.

many thanks
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to spain

Well educated, highly qualified Spaniards are also searching for work due to the high unemployment rate.

Asking where work is available is a very general question. You have not said what type of work that you would be looking for or are qualified to do. Unless you have a skill that is very unique or sought after you will struggle finding work. Fluent Spanish would be important too.

Rosemary
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

DaleJames is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s more a general question hence why no specifics were laid out, wanted to no just simply if work is available to expats, I wouldn’t care if it was cleaning, I’m a fully trained and qualified fish monger and habve also done 10 + years in sales.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of info from similar questions if you read previous threads, your question comes up around once a week at least. Not sure about fish mongers but with unemployment being high in Spain it is a regular thing in our coastal town to see blokes trying to sell their catch on the streets. As for sales you will need to be fluent in Spanish!
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always say that where there's a will there's a way Now if I were your age and fit and healthy I may look at garden and pool maintenance type industry, even starting my own business. Lots of Nationalities purchase temporary properties out here with gardens and pools, but they need looking after when they are not in residence. Do your research on areas where there is a high number of temporary residents, perhaps do some canvassing in those areas to see how many would be interested. Think outside the box ?
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1 View Post
I always say that where there's a will there's a way Now if I were your age and fit and healthy I may look at garden and pool maintenance type industry, even starting my own business. Lots of Nationalities purchase temporary properties out here with gardens and pools, but they need looking after when they are not in residence. Do your research on areas where there is a high number of temporary residents, perhaps do some canvassing in those areas to see how many would be interested. Think outside the box ?
That's the thing. Millions of people already had that idea, be it Spanish, Polish, Romanian or British. As always it depends how much money you have in the bank, or what skills you have that others don't have in area.