Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Feb 20th 2017, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

spainward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain

Hello guys.

I was wondering if anyone can share their advice and opinions on the following.

I am considering moving to Spain in the near future. I have been to Spain a number of times but don't know it very well so haven't got a specific area in mind, although from my initial research, the south coast is probably where I will end up.

I was thinking of travelling to Spain and spending 6 months to 1 year exploring different areas and finding what it's like actually being there for longer than a holiday spell. Find out how easy it is for me to learn Spanish, get a feel for the job market, apartment rental costs and see whether I can live with all the bureaucracy that exists!

During this trip I intend to do volunteer work with families / businesses through the likes of the workaway website etc. This will allow me to explore a number of places and hopefully get a feel of some different areas.

I guess my question is:

Has anyone done any volunteering work via these type of websites? What are the pros and cons and is it a plausible way of learning about Spain with a view to re-location permanently?

Conversely has anyone hosed a volunteer through one of these websites, if so what are your thoughts?

Many thanks

Jake
Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary