Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving a rproperty finder in Spain. Good idea or not?

Moving a rproperty finder in Spain. Good idea or not?

Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Redr0bb0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving a rproperty finder in Spain. Good idea or not?

Whoops meant USING a PROPERTY finder in Spain.......

Looking for some guidance please?

My wife and I are keen to buy a town house inland Almeria or Murcia as a holiday home which we will live in full time when we retire in a few years.

We have found 2 companies who have offered their guidance-Girasol Homes and Calida Homes Property Consultancy. They appear to work on a cut from the agent and no doubt get some financial incentive from the lawyers too. Has anyone had any dealings with either company- both offer full guidance- is it worth using them and are they trustworthy?

I don't have limitless time or a bottomless budget. What would anyone out there advise please?

It's great to be able to tap into your experiences

Thanks

Rob and Julie

Last edited by Redr0bb0; Feb 12th 2015 at 5:32 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving a rproperty finder in Spain. Good idea or not?

Personally I dont think you can beat old fashioned searching of the internet, narrow down more thn you have, Almería is also a province not just a city also re Murcia, so do searches, then take time to visit.

This is what we did and yes it took us some time to narrow down where we wanted to be, then we house hunted, whatever good luck with your searches
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pwwm
Personally I dont think you can beat old fashioned searching of the internet, narrow down more thn you have, Almería is also a province not just a city also re Murcia, so do searches, then take time to visit.

This is what we did and yes it took us some time to narrow down where we wanted to be, then we house hunted, whatever good luck with your searches
Thanks for the guidance

Currently running a 1 man business in the UK and will continue for a few years.

This makes time very scarce was hoping to sort it over a couple of visits. I have seen quite a few small town properties in the right range on the net. Hoping to sort out while exchange rates and propert prices are favourable. Thanks again
Old Feb 12th 2015, 9:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redr0bb0
Thanks for the guidance

Currently running a 1 man business in the UK and will continue for a few years.

This makes time very scarce was hoping to sort it over a couple of visits. I have seen quite a few small town properties in the right range on the net. Hoping to sort out while exchange rates and propert prices are favourable. Thanks again
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome

I think over the next few months I will have endless questions for you all! Thanks in anticipation of your collective wisdom!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

dartholemew spaceinvader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwwm
Personally I dont think you can beat old fashioned searching of the internet .....
Old fashioned lol
Old Feb 14th 2015, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I would be a bit wary of any property finder who appears to be getting a kickback both from the seller's agent and from the lawyers - how could they be totally impartial.
In similar vein, when you do start the buying process never use a lawyer recommended by the agent, unlike the UK impartiality does not appear to be a legal requisite in Spain (nor does honesty in a depressingly large number of cases).

Last edited by MikeJ; Feb 14th 2015 at 10:12 pm.