Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Palma de Gandia

Moving to Palma de Gandia

Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Lesleygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Palma de Gandia

My husband and I have seen a really nice property for sale in Palma de gandia. We would love to take the plunge and move. We just don't know anything about the area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear from expats who have already made the move. I have tried looking up the area via a few search engines to no avail. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to palma de gandia

Originally Posted by Lesleygee
My husband and I have seen a really nice property for sale in Palma de gandia. We would love to take the plunge and move. We just don't know anything about the area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear from expats who have already made the move. I have tried looking up the area via a few search engines to no avail. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to BE.

Have you ever visited the area, if not DO NOT BUY, you may not like the area at all. You would be better off posting in the Spain forum, where people might know of the area. You should always try before you buy, rent first, see what a wonter is like, and then buy only if you like it. Having looked it up it's a bit inland and seems very hilly/mountainous, so likely to be very cold in winter.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Lesleygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to palma de gandia

Thanks for that Mike, I will take on board what you say. We haven't been to the area and were always planning in relocating to either La Carihuela in Torremolinos, or to Los Gigantes in Tenerife. We know both of these areas very well. We were just really impressed with the property in Palma de gandia.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Palma de Gandia

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a good area to buy in, the village itself has a couple of bars and shops and your only a few minutes from Gandia town and the beach.Big plus also that your close to the motorway link road,so airport runs are hassle free.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:34 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
It's a good area to buy in, the village itself has a couple of bars and shops and your only a few minutes from Gandia town and the beach.Big plus also that your close to the motorway link road,so airport runs are hassle free.
There are some areas that are very 'industrial' whilst others are on the side of a mountain - choose carefully.

IMHO rent first to make sure you know where you want to be.

Did you read this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...gandia-872276/
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I must have been cycling through Palma De Gandia with blinkered eyes!! Real De Gandia which is just over the N332, now that is very industrialised and I cant see anyone wanting to live around there ..... but although Palma De Gandia is not a particularly pretty town, I never saw it as industrialised.

As I said on the other thread, as you go to our Villalonga there are houses on the hill on the right. I've never been up there so I dont know what it is like. just a bit further to the North you have Rotova & Alfauir and to the South you have Potries. All probably nicer areas
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I must have been cycling through Palma De Gandia with blinkered eyes!! Real De Gandia which is just over the N332, now that is very industrialised and I cant see anyone wanting to live around there ..... but although Palma De Gandia is not a particularly pretty town, I never saw it as industrialised.

As I said on the other thread, as you go to our Villalonga there are houses on the hill on the right. I've never been up there so I dont know what it is like. just a bit further to the North you have Rotova & Alfauir and to the South you have Potries. All probably nicer areas
My mistake, I was thinking about Real de Gandia.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
My mistake, I was thinking about Real de Gandia.
There are to many De Gandia's arent there Palma, Real & Grau
Old Feb 25th 2016, 11:48 am
Just Joined

marialuciagandia is an unknown quantity at this point

Palma de Gandia is literally next to/part of Gandia and is nice, it is not cold as it is not mountainous...Gandia is a vibrant busy town and has amazing beaches.....