Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Majorca

Moving to Majorca

Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

neil40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Majorca

Hi, im new to the Forums, im hoping i can get some advice.

I was recently made redundant in the UK, and want to move to Majorca ideally, if not any part of Spain i can find a job.

I have wanted to emigrate for ages and the opportunities just are not there in my line of work. So i need help if anyone can.
I am a Printer by trade, and i want to try and find

A/ British Print Firms in Spain

B/ Need to know what sites to go on to find work

I have tried The Yellow Pages and some Job Sites, but im having no Joy.
Could anybody help with some info, i would be grateful. Thank You
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Majorca

Originally Posted by neil40
Hi, im new to the Forums, im hoping i can get some advice.

I was recently made redundant in the UK, and want to move to Majorca ideally, if not any part of Spain i can find a job.

I have wanted to emigrate for ages and the opportunities just are not there in my line of work. So i need help if anyone can.
I am a Printer by trade, and i want to try and find

A/ British Print Firms in Spain

B/ Need to know what sites to go on to find work

I have tried The Yellow Pages and some Job Sites, but im having no Joy.
Could anybody help with some info, i would be grateful. Thank You

Hi, welcome.
You could start by doing a search of British Expats Spain about jobs/work/etc, you'll find the news isn't good - Spanish out of work, fluent Spanish speaking Brits out of work or struggling, but do a search don't just either assume the worst or assume I'm exaggerating.
Re finding Brit print firms in Spain (is that because you don't speak Spanish or do you feel there are intrinsic differences between Brit vs Spanish printing?).... I suppose one way may be to google English language magazines/newspapers Spain/Majorca. There are lots on the mainland, don't know about Majorca. Once you've got the papers you can email them re printers.
Best of luck
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

neil40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Majorca

Originally Posted by fionamw
Hi, welcome.
You could start by doing a search of British Expats Spain about jobs/work/etc, you'll find the news isn't good - Spanish out of work, fluent Spanish speaking Brits out of work or struggling, but do a search don't just either assume the worst or assume I'm exaggerating.
Re finding Brit print firms in Spain (is that because you don't speak Spanish or do you feel there are intrinsic differences between Brit vs Spanish printing?).... I suppose one way may be to google English language magazines/newspapers Spain/Majorca. There are lots on the mainland, don't know about Majorca. Once you've got the papers you can email them re printers.
Best of luck
Sorry i have not replied before, but thank you.

Having a torrid time at the moment job and finances wise.
I cant speak much Spanish, so i think as a Printer, if i got in that line of work i would be useless at proofreading etc.
Thanks for the advice, i will trawl through a few mags online etc.