Reload this Page >

Moving Jobs within Spain help!!

Moving Jobs within Spain help!!

Old May 6th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

wsteele1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Jobs within Spain help!!

Hi,

i have been working and living in Madrid for the past two years, working full time on a Spanish contract and paying the usual Spanish taxes.

I am moving jobs in the summer to work for a company down on the south coast, again Spanish pay and will be paying Spanish taxes.

My question is when moving jobs in the Uk you usually get a p45 which you give to the new employer to avoid emergency tax, or you get a p46 if a p45 hasn't arrived in time, again to make sure you get taxed correctly.

What is the Spanish equivalent of the p45 or p46?? Which form should i receive or have for my new job so i may avoid emergency tax and get my correct Net pay.

I have searched online and could not turn up anything helpful.

Any help would be massive. thanks.
Old May 6th 2016, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Jobs within Spain help!!

Originally Posted by wsteele1983
Hi,

i have been working and living in Madrid for the past two years, working full time on a Spanish contract and paying the usual Spanish taxes.

I am moving jobs in the summer to work for a company down on the south coast, again Spanish pay and will be paying Spanish taxes.

My question is when moving jobs in the Uk you usually get a p45 which you give to the new employer to avoid emergency tax, or you get a p46 if a p45 hasn't arrived in time, again to make sure you get taxed correctly.

What is the Spanish equivalent of the p45 or p46?? Which form should i receive or have for my new job so i may avoid emergency tax and get my correct Net pay.

I have searched online and could not turn up anything helpful.

Any help would be massive. thanks.
Short answer, there isn't a Spanish version of P45 or P46 or even P60 as far as I know but if there is I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.

I seem to remember when I started here in Madrid I could choose whatever percentage I wanted withheld from my gross pay but that was over 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed in the meantime. FWIW I chose a high percentage so that I would get a rebate each year.

if you've been working for two years in Madrid you should know that whatever tax is withheld during the year is all sorted when you do your Renta in May or June. Then you find out that either you owe them (Hacienda) money or you get a rebate if you've paid too much.

Ps If you are not moving till the summer then why not just ask your current employer.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat095; May 6th 2016 at 3:30 pm. Reason: to add PS
Old May 7th 2016, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

The last time I switched employer in Spain was over 8 years ago but I don't recall ever receiving an equivalent of a P45/60. Maybe Spain is more advanced than the UK in this respect and has done away with the paperwork?
Old May 8th 2016, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

You will get something called a finiquito which is an agreement between both parties to end your contract and with any outstanding monies (holiday pay etc) to be paid. This is likely to be on your last day in the current job.

Your new employer will register your new contract and that's it - when you next get that little slip that the ministerio de trabajo sends you once a year with your accrued employment, you'll see both new and previous jobs listed. Alternatively I think you can check it online if you have a certificado digital.
Old May 8th 2016, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

wsteele1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok excellent.

I know the Spanish love needless paperwork, but its refreshing to see that its not the case this time.

Great!!