Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Ibiza as a Self-Employed DJ from UK

Moving to Ibiza as a Self-Employed DJ from UK

Old Mar 15th 2021, 3:44 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ibiza as a Self-Employed DJ from UK

Lake district any different or indeed those sleeply little villages on the south west coast of the UK, Dorset, Devon or Cornwall way...
Old Mar 15th 2021, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dargumin
Hi guys. So I had hoped to make the move to Spain last year pre-Brexit but the whole covid situation meant that was unfeasible for me.
Now I'm wondering exactly what hoops(and in which order) I would have to jump through to get myself in a position where I can legally live and work in Ibiza as a self-employed DJ (That's my job here in UK, and I did work 2 summers in Ibiza in the past). It's probably a long shot but I feel its worth at least giving it a try. Any advice? Thanks.
​​​​​​I'm sorry to come to this thread late and please don't take this the wrong way but do you actually understand how freedom of movement works and do you understand what losing freedom of movement really means?

Your government had choices but it chose the hardest possible Brexit meaning that opportunities for living, working, studying and retiring to an EU state are virtually impossible for the vast majority of UK nationals.

Get an Irish passport if you are eligible.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
If you've ever lived on a smaller island, it is nothing unique. You will find the same in Jersey and foreigners were always welcome until locals could no longer afford to live there and it was overcrowded. If it's Ibiza they will be Catalans.
that’s the same in every big city. Manchester has seen that much gentrification that the locals have been forced out of the traditional downtown areas to make way for posh apartments. Same in New York , Barcelona and many other big cities.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
that’s the same in every big city. Manchester has seen that much gentrification that the locals have been forced out of the traditional downtown areas to make way for posh apartments. Same in New York , Barcelona and many other big cities.
Of course that is true. But the main difference is that you can move out of the city, save money and will still be close to the city. If the island becomes unaffordable, you have no other option apart from leaving completely. Another difference is that city people are not really connected to nature and value other things. Islanders just have a different connection to the land and would have moved to a city if they wanted crowds.