Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving To Ibiza (Market Stall Owner, Hoping Mobile Home Living)

Moving To Ibiza (Market Stall Owner, Hoping Mobile Home Living)

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Bifcherry is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving To Ibiza (Market Stall Owner, Hoping Mobile Home Living)

Hello,
My family and I (myself, husband and 3 little ones 6,4,1) are hoping to move to Ibiza at the end of April/end of may.
Here in the UK we have a successful market stall which can run itself and a successful online shop which would be coming with us.
We are hoping to go into mobile home living and work on the hippy markets.
We don't have a morgage and this would be our first owned property.
At the moment we don't really know how to start and need to know soon whether we are going to take the leap or try hard to afford to buy a house in York (which seems like an impossibility)
We have visited Ibiza for years and like the Es Cana hippy market very much.
Can anyone help?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Ibiza (Market Stall Owner, Hoping Mobile Home Living)

Originally Posted by DemizeMarket
Hello,
My family and I (myself, husband and 3 little ones 6,4,1) are hoping to move to Ibiza at the end of April/end of may.
Here in the UK we have a successful market stall which can run itself and a successful online shop which would be coming with us.
At the moment we don't really know how to start and need to know soon whether we are going to take the leap or try hard to afford to buy a house in York (which seems like an impossibility)
Can anyone help?
I expect you will find that most advice would be to rent before you buy. At the moment it is a buyer's market for property (I don't know if mobile homes fit in this category but I suspect they do). So you will be able to find some bargains - but (and it's a big BUT) if things don't work out you will find it incredibly difficult to sell unless you are prepared for a big loss. So rent for a few months until you've had a chance to experience living out there - scan the horizon etc.
My OH and I had our honeymoon in Es Cana - thoroughly enjoyed it (can't remember much about the place though )

Last edited by MikeJ; Feb 3rd 2015 at 4:01 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Can anyone help?
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Can anyone help?
Do you want to buy land, or just the mobile home and then why a house in York? Ibiza is not cheap either, so have you looked at options between York and Ibiza?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:50 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Please think carefully, medical care for 3 little ones is not free in Ibiza.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:55 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Medical care isn't "free" anywhere. Having said that, it's significantly more "out of pocket" outside the UK, and that's well worth considering, whether it's Ibiza or Innsbruck.

"Spain is a great place to have money".
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Can anyone help?
Firstly you may have problems gettin a market stall, most of the licenses go to peolle who have connections within the townhall, also, if you choose a place on a commercial site, then many of them only aloow 11 months occupance in the year, also check out the legllity of the site as, a few years ago, there were a number of reports of mobile home owners being locked out and sites closed because they were illegal, the authorities just came along and locked the gates, people living there had no way of getting belongings etc.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:33 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Medical care isn't "free" anywhere. .
If you must "correct" my posts, please check your facts first. Medical care for 3 little ones is free in the UK.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:50 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
If you must "correct" my posts, please check your facts first. Medical care for 3 little ones is free in the UK.
Sorry, but I will correct you again. You may not pay out of your pocket at the checkout, but somebody pays for it. Anything perceived to be "free" is consumed like air by most people - and why not? it's free, right? It's one of the major problems facing the NHS. Lack of funding and pure overload.

Anyway, most of the rest of the world operates on a "co-pay" system. You pay for health insurance at varying rates in different countries. In some countries you have a choice of public or private health insurance, the latter being more expensive, but gives you a ticket to the express lane. Most pay some percentage for prescriptions or other consumables.

So for those accustomed to receiving "free" healthcare, it's important to consider that as you move abroad, because it's a significant expense like anything else. But you are more likely to be able to get a GP appointment or that much needed operation in a shorter period of time.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:00 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by amideislas
Sorry, but I will correct you again. You may not pay out of your pocket at the checkout, but somebody pays for it. Anything perceived to be "free" is consumed like air by most people - and why not? it's free, right? It's one of the major problems facing the NHS. Lack of funding and pure overload.

Anyway, most of the rest of the world operates on a "co-pay" system. You pay for health insurance at varying rates in different countries. In some countries you have a choice of public or private health insurance, the latter being more expensive, but gives you a ticket to the express lane. Most pay some percentage for prescriptions or other consumables.

So for those accustomed to receiving "free" healthcare, it's important to consider that as you move abroad, because it's a significant expense like anything else. But you are more likely to be able to get a GP appointment or that much needed operation in a shorter period of time.
If you must be pedantic

Medical care for 3 little ones is free in the UK ............ it is funded by those who pay NHI.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by missile
If you must be pedantic..............
She is not being pedantic, she's just trying to wind you up. That's what trolls do !!
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:23 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by petew
She is not being pedantic, she's just trying to wind you up. That's what trolls do !!
... ... she succeeded and not for the first time
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:37 am
Banned

Well, here's one last wind-up for you, and then I'll leave you to it:

NHS: £95.6 Billion
**not free **

The money to pay for the NHS comes directly from taxation. The 2008/9 budget roughly equates to a contribution of £1,980 for every man, woman and child in the UK
**not free **

However, NHS health care IS available to all without out-of-pocket or co-pay expense, regardless of their contribution to it, earning up to about £8000 per year. Above that, compulsory contribution increases exponentially with income, with top earners contributing nearly half of the annual budget.

**not free **
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:58 am
Started off with nothing

Ignoring the troll and getting back to the topic.

I would suggest OP should consider her family's medical needs and consider the cost of providing this in Ibiza.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:59 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The definition of the UK national health service is FREE at the point of need.

That is all that matters.

Be it the millionaire or the child of parents on benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.