moving to fortuna spain

moving to fortuna spain

Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

jessi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to fortuna spain

Hiya
everyone
my husband & I are planning a move to spain to the Fortuna region & I just wondered if any one on here is living in that region ? We have a two year old girl & just want some advice about life over there & schools etc.
Any help would be great.
Jess x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to fortuna spain

Welcome to BE, Can I suggest that you have a look at the 'free beer' thread, loads of good stuff there, and also use the search facility on the forum, many of the questions will have come up already, if they haven't feel free to ask. I don't live there so can't really help with specifics.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:34 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

There's a motorcycle dealer in Fortuna if that helps!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Fortuna is only 10k down the road from us yet I have to say we have never visited the place. In that respect I can't tell you what the town is like, we have always used the bypass around it. But the surrounding area is quite spectacular in its landscape, almost like looking at the surface of the moon in places!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Yes its quite nice, my parents live there so we are wanting to move quite close to them. Where abouts are you I know a few towns in the area. Do you have young children? just wondered how they adapt to such a big change.
Jess x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jessi
Yes its quite nice, my parents live there so we are wanting to move quite close to them. Where abouts are you I know a few towns in the area. Do you have young children? just wondered how they adapt to such a big change.
Jess x
Your two year old will not even notice the change. They'll be bi- or tri-lingual in no time, and will love the better weather and being able to play outdoors with all their new friends!

Most children start full-time education the year they are three (i.e. they could be as young as two when they start as ours was).

Good luck with your move!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids are quite grown to adulthood now, the youngest being 17. We have our home in Canada De La Lena, just off the Pinoso road.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya
everyone
my husband & I are planning a move to spain to the Fortuna region & I just wondered if any one on here is living in that region ? We have a two year old girl & just want some advice about life over there & schools etc.
Any help would be great.
Jess x
Hello!

Fortuna region? It will be town...

If it is Fortuna (Murcia), do I suppose that it should have children, because I have seen in a web site and there is 6 schools and 1 institute (do I believe that this in English is high school, it its truth?). If you have the advantage that your parents live there, you should ask to them. I believe that nobody will inform you best than your parents

Also there are thermal bathrooms, as in Archena

http://www.quefuede.com/centrosciudades.asp?id=hafcd

Last edited by Relampago; Jan 8th 2008 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Hiya
yes its the town sorry in the Murcia region. I didnt realise there were so many schools we have seen two one in the town. Yes the thermal baths are about 2 minutes drive from my parents. I was just wondereing about people working in spain who have children. My parents retired there so its the easy life for them!! I just wondered how other families got on who have moved from England.
Thanks Jess xx
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:39 pm
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya
yes its the town sorry in the Murcia region. I didnt realise there were so many schools we have seen two one in the town. Yes the thermal baths are about 2 minutes drive from my parents. I was just wondereing about people working in spain who have children. My parents retired there so its the easy life for them!! I just wondered how other families got on who have moved from England.
Thanks Jess xx
Hola Jessi,

As most people said your parents would be best placed to give you feedback on Fortuna.

It sounds like they live close to the Banos (thermal baths, swimming pool - indoors and outdoors) and where one can have all sorts of therapeutical, health treatments.

Maybe you could just visit your parents for a holiday to get the feel of the town. Fortuna is growing everyday, although it is still rural.

There is an industrial estate just outside the town which has started to get busy, with many small businesses opening. Many houses are being constructed in the town itself, with a commercial centre planned (not sure how large it will be), also a few mins drive pass the Industrial estate I mentioned above, a Golf Resort called Fortuna Hill is being constructed, and it will have a commercial centre as well. These are normally plazas with small shops, bakers etc..

They are Brits of all ages in Fortuna and its surrounding areas. Fortuna is a
young and up coming town although it is not everyone's cup of tea (we enjoy living here).

I certainly wouldnt commit to moving until after a visit, especially if you intend to work. Although we could do with a good British Baker, I still miss my tin loaves from Tesco after many years! not so bad tho because that's all we seem to miss now!

Feel free to ask if you want to know more. Good luck!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Hiya
we have been loads of times & I am comming out on the 20th just me & my little one.
I run an internet business from England & are hoping to carry on with in over there. My hubby is a welder so I hope he can find something my dad knows afew people.
I was just wondering about young families really & how they get on with work ect. Do you work over there? & where abouts are you? you may know my mum & dad
I know my mum is so please that the butchers has opened in the las kallendas (think thats whats its called) she says she can get proper bacon now!!!
Any info would be great. one minute I so so want to leave England & the next I am so unsure, not that I have any reason to stay her as I have no family. my hubby is packing me off on the 20th for me to decide for sure I just hope I can
Cheers Jess xx