Reload this Page >

Moving to costa del sol advice please πŸ™

Moving to costa del sol advice please πŸ™

Old Dec 27th 2019, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Be happy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to costa del sol advice please πŸ™

Originally Posted by m2m2012
Someone told me a good way to choose a place to live in Spain is to walk around town for half a day and count the number of times you see the words "Full English Breakfast". You then apply a three strikes you're out policy.
lol will keep it in mind - I never see cooked breakfast signs tbh as my husband is total foodie freak so he likes trying new stuff / seeking out wee places off the tourist route or going to market and making our own but I know what you mean.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

My house is a long way in land from the Costa del Sol. Somewhere around two hours. Yet when I do go there the first place I head for is a full English. Horses for courses.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 4:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Be happy
Nerja is on our list to check out. I’d really like to be near the sea. I feel that’s the most important thing for me to make this move. I’d rather drive to mountains than vice versa. πŸ‘
It’s full of the worst sort of tourists for most of the year. I have known it well for 20 years and I still don’t consider it at all typically Spanish. Yes, plenty of restaurants, many serving authentic Spanish pizzas, but depending on where you want to go, parking can be really bad. No one should swim in the sea unless they are on a course of antibiotics as the whole of the towns sewage is pumped into the sea just off the beach. They are trying to finish the new sewage works but they have a long way to go.

Apart from that, for many, it’s a nice friendly place to live.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James

It’s full of the worst sort of tourists for most of the year. I have known it well for 20 years and I still don’t consider it at all typically Spanish. Yes, plenty of restaurants, many serving authentic Spanish pizzas, but depending on where you want to go, parking can be really bad. No one should swim in the sea unless they are on a course of antibiotics as the whole of the towns sewage is pumped into the sea just off the beach. They are trying to finish the new sewage works but they have a long way to go.

Apart from that, for many, it’s a nice friendly place to live.
eek so if you were moving to costa del sol and would like to be near beach where would you recommend πŸ₯³
baring in mind we are keeping a home in Scotland but my 24 year old will be in it so I don’t want to spend a lot of time in it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but it is home / base and Intend touring Scottish islands more when home tbh πŸ’–
Old Dec 27th 2019, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Moving to costa del sol advice please πŸ™

Originally Posted by Mark604
My house is a long way in land from the Costa del Sol. Somewhere around two hours. Yet when I do go there the first place I head for is a full English. Horses for courses.
I have nothing against a full English except that I'm trying to lose weight and cannot 10000 calories first thing in the morning...
Old Dec 27th 2019, 9:10 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

eek so if you were moving to costa del sol and would like to be near beach where would you recommend πŸ₯³
baring in mind we are keeping a home in Scotland but my 24 year old will be in it so I don’t want to spend a lot of time in it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but it is home / base and Intend touring Scottish islands more when home tbh πŸ’–
Try looking east of Nerja. Nice beaches and less touristy.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

well that’s the plan - we can’t decide on down sizing here and renting during winter in Spain or having home in Spain and renting here in summer ....
baring in mind our weather can be miserable so the time in Scotland would be less what ever way we do it ...
Don't sell your UK home, you know the system, know the market prices etc.

I'm based in Wales and now just rent property off airbnb for the three months or so I spend out of the UK. The benefit of doing this means I get to experience different places and not just Spain.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mark604
yip defo. πŸ‘
Old Dec 30th 2019, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Rent for a full uninterrupted 3 months?

Vette
Old Dec 30th 2019, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by uk_vette
Rent for a full uninterrupted 3 months?

Vette
thanks Vette 😎