Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving To Costa de La Luz in a few weeks

Moving To Costa de La Luz in a few weeks

Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Mark1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Costa de La Luz in a few weeks

Thanks Crispy, I found the house on this website http://www.suenoandaluz.com/ the agent has said that there is a telephone line in the property but no ASDL yet, he said there was broadband for the last tennants but was cancelled when they left. He said that Telefonica will be able to reactivated but realistically thinks it will be 2 - 4 weeks to activate knowing what it is like in Spain.
My plan is to pay the deposit for the tennancy agreement and then pay him to setup the ASDL so that it is active for when I arrive. Here is a pic of the location..

Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:07 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I know this agent, my house is for sale with him. On the map I can see my house
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
I hope yours isn`t the blue blob that`s in the water Crispy!!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:17 pm

It's OK Debs I have wellies
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
I know him and also his wife. They are very reliable people.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

well that all sounds quite promising, do you know if the area is nice? good neighbourhood? also what sort of internet services are available? what type of speeds are there?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Mark1983
well that all sounds quite promising, do you know if the area is nice? good neighbourhood? also what sort of internet services are available? what type of speeds are there?
All get a bit technical now Mark, yo should ask these questions on mycadiz.biz you will get a better selection of replies from local people.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Saucepan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark1983
HI Chiclanagir,
many thanks for the reply, a football team sounds good to me, basically I am 25 and have just seperated from my Wife, well, she seperated from me. I am coming to Spain to live and need just a few things;
Sun
The ocean/surfing
Internet access
A nice place to rent, preferably villa with pool ( found a couple I am just waiting for details on )
A dog
A car, any old car will do just to get me to the shops and back, although I am considering purching an estate car/small van here and driving over with my things.

Secondly I would like as a bonus;
A couple of places to meet people
Spanish classes

You are correct, initially I would be renting, looking to buy once I am settled :-)

Its a big step coming out there on my own, exciting but scary at the same time so any advice about anything is really appreciated, thank you.
Mark1983, if you want to know more about the local ex-pat football team, a mix of British, German and Spanish on the whole, then let me know as I play with the guys. It will be a good way to meet about 20 local blokes in one hit - we have a few social beers after our weekly, friendly, kick-about.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saucepan
Mark1983, if you want to know more about the local ex-pat football team, a mix of British, German and Spanish on the whole, then let me know as I play with the guys. It will be a good way to meet about 20 local blokes in one hit - we have a few social beers after our weekly, friendly, kick-about.
Nice post.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saucepan
Have you got the right bit beside your name ? ;-))
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at a house in that area with that agent. Is it a really deep pool with no shallow end and pine trees in the garden? If so very nice area, quiet road. Andrew at suenoandaluz seemed a nice guy. Re internet access. It may have a phone but there could be a wait for the ADSL with Telefonica. I know in Melia there is a waiting list.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:25 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I looked at a house in that area with that agent. Is it a really deep pool with no shallow end and pine trees in the garden? If so very nice area, quiet road. Andrew at suenoandaluz seemed a nice guy. Re internet access. It may have a phone but there could be a wait for the ADSL with Telefonica. I know in Melia there is a waiting list.
Yes, but you don´t have to have ADSL with Telefonica, other companies do it. We´re with Orange and have no complaints and it´s cheaper per month with free calls to landlines.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Yes, but you don´t have to have ADSL with Telefonica, other companies do it. We´re with Orange and have no complaints and it´s cheaper per month with free calls to landlines.
jjh tell me more as the song says...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:56 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
jjh tell me more as the song says...
We got quotes from both Telefonica and Orange and Orange came in considerably less per month plus free router, no installation though so we got Darren to do that. In fact, it was Darren that told us to check out Orange. Also, free calls to all landlines in Spain. Can´t say fairer than that. Orange also sorted out Telefonica on our behalf. We went to the Orange booth in Eroski and they were very helpful. Go to the Orange website because they had a deal on when we signed up.

Hope that helps.

JJ
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Just been looking on the Orange.es website and it looks as though they are offering 6 months at €10 per month and a free wifi router!

I am finding out for sure tomorrow if the phone line in the property can take ADSL, as long as it can then I am booking my ferry for the beginning of May to come over.

Brought a car today for the trip over, this may sound like a silly question but do I need to tax it if I am driving in Spain? is there a tax I pay to the Spanish government?

Saucepan - would be great to play football when I come over sounds awesome!

Also found an amazing labrador cross that needs a home, the only trouble is that there is 2 of them and I really dont think I could choose which one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.