Reload this Page >

moving to chiclana de la frontera education advise needed

moving to chiclana de la frontera education advise needed

Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

kmair is an unknown quantity at this point
Question moving to chiclana de la frontera education advise needed

Hi,

We are moving over to spain end of october and hoping someone can advise in terms of education , our children are 4 , 7 , 12, and 15. I was thinking of putting the younger two through the spanish edu system but not sure what to do with the elder two.

Ideally spainish system too but they dont speak spanish so could be difficult at there age , another option is to take them to GIB school or private but i suppose this would cost an earth , all advise would be so greatly appreciated

Thankyou
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to chiclana de la frontera education advise needed

Originally Posted by kmair
Hi,

We are moving over to spain end of october and hoping someone can advise in terms of education , our children are 4 , 7 , 12, and 15. I was thinking of putting the younger two through the spanish edu system but not sure what to do with the elder two.

Ideally spainish system too but they dont speak spanish so could be difficult at there age , another option is to take them to GIB school or private but i suppose this would cost an earth , all advise would be so greatly appreciated

Thankyou
welcome

I can't help with your area, but you've made the right choice with the younger two

the 12 year old you might get away with it if s/he is studious/good at picking up languages

you really have no choice with the 15 year old but to pay for private 'british school' or maybe gib - but I would imagine you need to live there to take advantage of free education there

do a search here - there has been loads of discussion about education
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Not wishing to sound funny, but I think all that would have been way up my list of things to check before moving, having their education sorted. You'll be throwing them in the deep end, halfway through the term, I suspect they will struggle.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

of course, I agree but when work comes you have to take!!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

of course, I agree but when work comes you have to take!!
I agree if you have to move for work. I am sure your children will be fine and cope in whatever situation they are in most children do.

Good luck with your move
Old Sep 7th 2009, 2:23 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Gib a bit far to travel for school?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Isn't Gib a bit far to travel for school?
About 100kms?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

shanika is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kmair,

When we first moved here our children were 7 & 9 and we put them straight into a Spanish school, best thing we ever did. They are now fluent in english and spanish and have no problems here at all.

It was difficult at first but with a lot of patience and hard work it has all worked out great. When the Spanish children were having english lessons our used to get spanish lessons. The schools in Chiclana have changed over the years with all the British that have moved here, so they will be able to help more.

If you want to be part of the people and culture in Chiclana then put them into a Spanish school. Your children will pick up the language no problem with the help of the Spanish Children. If they go to an English speaking school then they don´t tend to mix as much with the Spanish, which means they miss out on the great life over here that the Spanish children of all ages have.

Best of luck to you
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:47 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thankyou
Hi kmair

I live in Chiclana and there is a dedicated forum for the town and surrounding areas in Cádiz. I have sent you a pm giving you details.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely would agree about the three youngest children in a Spanish school but your 15 year old will suffer. How on earth will she get enough Spanish to pass exams which at 15 yrs old is going to be a critical time. There is a private school in the grounds of Sherry Golf in Jerez which I understand is international run by a Danish company but is in English. What kind of work are you coming over for?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

thakyou for info
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

ok
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Triana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really nice

There is a private school in Sotogrande for your oldest but that would be a big journey from Chiclana, unless you lived part way between the two. Even then, a long journey.