Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canyada dl Trigo, Pinoso in Spain, need help.

Moving to Canyada dl Trigo, Pinoso in Spain, need help.

Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Lesely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canyada dl Trigo, Pinoso in Spain, need help.

Merry Christmas everyone, I am looking to move to Canyada Del Trigo but want to make sure that there is a network of English speaking people first.
I have lived in Spain for a while but not in this area.
If any one in Canyada del Trigo, or close by, would mind showing me the ropes, nearest DIY, vets ets, and/or sharing a glass of wine occasionaly plz reply. Lesely
Old Dec 25th 2011, 10:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canyada dl Trigo, Pinoso in Spain, need help.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 25th 2011, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rosmary, and Merry Xmas to everyone.x
Old Dec 26th 2011, 12:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Pinoso ..... that's in the middle of nowhere Saying that there is a very good car boot site with cafe/bar
Old Dec 26th 2011, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Moving to Canyada dl Trigo, Pinoso in Spain, need help.

Thanks Liona, I like a car boot,, Yer very remote thats why I want to find out more before I move. Still only 45 min from coast though.
On Tuesdays the bar does free paella when you get a drink, thats 2 good things!!!!
Its suppose to have a high population of Brits.
Would still like to get intouch with some one that lives there..
Lesley
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are in the next village, Canad de la Lena. Let me say from the start, it may be in the sticks but you are 40 minutes from the airport or most of the coastal locations in the area.

Ex-pats, well Trigo has a few, about as many as our village, maybe 10-20 couples, but the surrounding area has loads. Go into Pinoso on market days, sat or wed, and you are falling over Brits, you can't take two steps without hearing an essex accent Again Pinoso has many shops and even more cafe bars/restaurants to choose from. Pinoso is alledgely the 4th richest town in Spain, thanks in part to the nearby white marble quarry.

Once you have been there a short while and made contacts you'll wonder why you took so long to make the move!

EDIT:

The car boot has moved now, did so last year. We have a two very good friends just down the road from Trgo, in an even more backwoods called Zarza, just past the huge array of solar panels that supply yours (and mine) electricity.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Dec 26th 2011 at 2:26 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bri & Katee for your reply.
I saw a reply that you did in Aug 2007 in much the same vein.
It would be nice to know a couple of people before moving, its dificult to get to know some one in the street....
Im looking forward to moving but it some times takes a while, so it gives me time to do my home work.
Lesely
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:07 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It's only a half-hour drive to Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa, there's millions of us here.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mr HBG for your reply.
Ive got my heart set on a house in Canyada del Trigo and my biggest worry is that I wouldnt know anyone or have anyone I could turn to if Im in trouble.
I have good neighbours here and we all look after each other, young and old.
Or.... if you know "a nice young man" who is 6ft + 50ish and likes cats, that can show me around !!!!!