Reload this Page >

Moving To Campsite In Benidorm With Kids

Moving To Campsite In Benidorm With Kids

Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Bifcherry is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Hello,
I'm hoping for ANY advice and help I can get with regards to moving to Benidorm.
I'm hoping to move in July of this year (yes I am aware it will be boiling but it's when my rental contract here ends and kids will be in summer holidays).
I will be moving to a campsite, I'm not sure of which yet but I have 2 dogs so Benisol is looking like a good option.
My husband and I have a business which is easily transferred to Spain but may use a lot of electricity which is now worrying me.
I don't know whether to go over and buy a caravan or move and rent for a while to find somewhere.
I plan to go over late next month or early march to get a bettter idea but really I need to choose a site beforehand so I can plan better.

I would also like a 12 month site. Although I wouldn't be in Spain over December due to work I do not wish to move the caravan.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 27th 2016 at 1:08 am.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 1:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Moving To Campsite In Benidorm With Kids

Hi there. Could you email me on [email protected] please for a username name change.
The one you have chosen is not allowed per BE site rules.

Once this is done and if you wish , you may link to your biz etc in your Be profile signature.

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DemizeMarket
Hello,
I'm hoping for ANY advice and help I can get with regards to moving to Benidorm.
I'm hoping to move in July of this year (yes I am aware it will be boiling but it's when my rental contract here ends and kids will be in summer holidays).
I will be moving to a campsite, I'm not sure of which yet but I have 2 dogs so Benisol is looking like a good option.
My husband and I have a business which is easily transferred to Spain but may use a lot of electricity which is now worrying me.
I don't know whether to go over and buy a caravan or move and rent for a while to find somewhere.
I plan to go over late next month or early march to get a bettter idea but really I need to choose a site beforehand so I can plan better.

I would also like a 12 month site. Although I wouldn't be in Spain over December due to work I do not wish to move the caravan.
I may be able to help you with specific questions you may have about Benidorm as I've lived her for about a year and a half. Can't really help with questions about camp sites.

Steve
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving To Campsite In Benidorm With Kids

Originally Posted by tebo53
I may be able to help you with specific questions you may have about Benidorm as I've lived her for about a year and a half. Can't really help with questions about camp sites.

Steve
Hi!
Thanks for replying. We own a market stall and online shop. The online shop obviously doesn't need to change and can continue but we would need to sort out the market stall. We sell clothing, piercing jewellery and jewellery. All kind of alternative/comedic. Would you suggest any markets to check out?
Also I'm wanting to bring across my car. We wont have a lot of things to bring across so it's easier to drive it and we will need it to drive back to work December. I hear it's easier to change to Spanish plates and need to work out how this is done.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DemizeMarket
Hi!
Thanks for replying. We own a market stall and online shop. The online shop obviously doesn't need to change and can continue but we would need to sort out the market stall. We sell clothing, piercing jewellery and jewellery. All kind of alternative/comedic. Would you suggest any markets to check out?
Also I'm wanting to bring across my car. We wont have a lot of things to bring across so it's easier to drive it and we will need it to drive back to work December. I hear it's easier to change to Spanish plates and need to work out how this is done.
Hi,
In Benidorm there is a massive market on Sundays and Wednesdays. Every other stall sells clothing and at very competitive prices. Another market has just gained a licence to operate in the town.
Albea, Altea also have large markets. Both have many clothes stalls. All the markets mentioned also have jewellery stalls.
I believe you have to register to be self employed and pay various fees. Don't forget you will need private health care etc, etc.

I understand it is fairly straightforward to get Spanish plates. I'm sure you will be getting more information from other members.

Best of luck

Steve
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Mina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to look into moving to other cities and towns with your stall, you could do a search for these terms to find more info: "feria medieval", "mercado medieval", "feria de artesanía", "mercado de artesanía"... There are fairs celebrated all year round in different cities and it is typical to find handmade/crafts stalls in them.

You can see in this website some of the medieval fairs that take place in the Alicante region (I would double-check dates just in case, though):

Mercados Medievales en la RED - 2015 - Alicante
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

boyharv is an unknown quantity at this point

Tebo53 Steve hello....i have just joined site with view to moving to Benidorm ( which i know quite well ).... i get the impression that you are located in or near the centre which is where i would want to be.. ( i think !!! )....i notice that we both have a passion for motorcycles.....would you mind if i asked you a few questions regarding my move....many thanks
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boyharv
Tebo53 Steve hello....i have just joined site with view to moving to Benidorm ( which i know quite well ).... i get the impression that you are located in or near the centre which is where i would want to be.. ( i think !!! )....i notice that we both have a passion for motorcycles.....would you mind if i asked you a few questions regarding my move....many thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi, yes, please ask. I live in the Rincon area but far enough away from the busy part. It's fairly quiet but within quarter hour walk to the busy club area.

How can I help?

Steve
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Steve thanks for prompt reply and Rosemary your welcome is much appreciated.I will put together some questions over the coming days/weeks as they arise...in the meantime Steve i noticed in one of your past posts you mentioned your rent of e500 and income of e1200....can i ask ( i hope i dont sound stupid !! )...does your rent come out of the e1200 or is the monthly total e1700........you can gauge from this question that i am trying to get some kind of idea...( loosely i know )....of a living cost.....Thank you...
Old Feb 1st 2016, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve thanks for prompt reply and Rosemary your welcome is much appreciated.I will put together some questions over the coming days/weeks as they arise...in the meantime Steve i noticed in one of your past posts you mentioned your rent of e500 and income of e1200....can i ask ( i hope i dont sound stupid !! )...does your rent come out of the e1200 or is the monthly total e1700........you can gauge from this question that i am trying to get some kind of idea...( loosely i know )....of a living cost.....Thank you...
My personal outlay is around 1200 euro per month. Rent of 500 euro comes out of that. Other Expences are food, entertainment, internet, electric etc. I don't have a car or (unfortunately a motorcycle ) but Expences depends on your lifestyle.

I'm happy to help you with specific questions.

Steve
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for clearing that up Steve....a couple of thoughts im having at the moment...
1...Property..buy or rent..both have good and bad points...... ( or do they ? )...can you recommend any good agents or is one as good as another.....
2...My motorcycle......bring it over or sell and buy another in Spain...
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for clearing that up Steve....a couple of thoughts im having at the moment...
1...Property..buy or rent..both have good and bad points...... ( or do they ? )...can you recommend any good agents or is one as good as another.....
2...My motorcycle......bring it over or sell and buy another in Spain...
Q1, you will find many differing comments on here about buying or renting. Simply put in my own opinion, at my age I don't want to buy property in Spain as I don't want to go through all the legal procedures involved, I don't want to be bothered sorting out insurances, maintenance companies etc etc. My sister bought a nice villa in Murcia but she would like to move as there is now always trouble on her estate. She cannot sell her property even at half the price she paid 10 years ago. I am happy renting my apartment. It's a nice 2 bedroom place with a large balcony. I pay rent and electricity each month through the bank and that's it, job sorted! If I want to move on for any reason I can

You will probably get another poster on here with a different opinion.

Q2, I had a lovely bike when I lived in the UK and had a 3 week tour around Spain on it just before moving out here. I decided to sell it in the UK to avoid the problems of re-registration in Spain and using the sale money to buy a Spanish registered bike here when I got settled. The first place we lived didn't have a secure car park so I was put off buying a new bike on that occasion. Now at this apartment I have a secure parking area but am so used to the local transport system I might wait a while and buy a bike later on when I want to explore different areas. But there are times on warm days that I bitterly regret not bringing my bike over here with me.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Feb 4th 2016 at 8:57 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Feb 4th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Not directly relevant to the Op's question but worth asking: where will the online business be registered? How will they pay tax in Spain? Can they become residents in Spain without having a fixed address? Can they get on the padron without a fixed address?

The OP may already have this sorted out of course, but just in case they haven't...
Old Feb 4th 2016, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Very relevant questions that I suppose I'd need to look into. At the moment my businesses are registered in the UK and I have a UK accountant and I'm not sure how I go about changing that or if I do at all.
As for registering an address, I have seen people say they are registered on their site. Is this true? I'm going to the site I wish to live on (camping raco) at the end of this month for a fact finding mission. Hopefully I will discover my answers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.