Reload this Page >

Moving to Cadiz... HELP! :)

Moving to Cadiz... HELP! :)

Old Aug 3rd 2014, 3:00 am
Just Joined

battmellamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cadiz... HELP! :)

Hello,

This is my first ever post. I'm moving to El Puerto de Santa Maria to work at the end of August and was looking for some help and advice.

If anyone has ever lived here could you recommend a good area to live in? Also, are there any people out there who have joined a football team in Andalucia and can give me any help or tips on how to go about joining?

I've been searching the web for ages and I am finding very little....

Any help would be great,

Cheers!
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cadiz... HELP! :)

Hi Matt ? I don't live in the area but maybe some of the members on here who do will be along shortly. There are a few. Good luck.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 4:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battmellamy
Hello,

This is my first ever post. I'm moving to El Puerto de Santa Maria to work at the end of August and was looking for some help and advice.

If anyone has ever lived here could you recommend a good area to live in? Also, are there any people out there who have joined a football team in Andalucia and can give me any help or tips on how to go about joining?

Any help would be great,

Cheers!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 10:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Yes I live nearby in Chiclana - Puerto Santa Maria is a nice town, lots of bodegas etc

Davexf
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Yes I live nearby in Chiclana - Puerto Santa Maria is a nice town, lots of bodegas etc

Davexf
OK great.

Can you recommend any particular areas to live in?

Also, is the nightlife in Cadiz / Santa Maria good? And are there any local football teams to join?

Apologies for all of the questions it's just great to speak to someone from the area

Many thanks,
Gerard.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:45 am
Just Joined

LibertyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Vista Hermosa is a nice area if you like detached houses with gardens near the beach. A bit far from the town centre though.

Or would you prefer a town centre apartment near all the bars? What are you looking for?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LibertyE
Vista Hermosa is a nice area if you like detached houses with gardens near the beach. A bit far from the town centre though.

Or would you prefer a town centre apartment near all the bars? What are you looking for?
Closer to the bars would probable be a better idea
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

LibertyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Closer to the bars would probable be a better idea
Town centre then!
Old Dec 19th 2014, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

I've had an apartment in Cadiz since 2001 and I absolutely love this city. Its divided into two parts; the new part, next to a long beach, and the old city, the casco viejo, with a small beach, where I have my place. The people are great, there are plenty of bars and restaurants, a fantastic market, and its really lively (the Carneval in february is amazing). If you're looking for a place with plenty of ex-pats then this is definitely not the place for you, I don't know anyone from England living here, but if you speak some Spanish or are prepared to learn it, I recommend it highly.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Cadiz... HELP! :)

Hello,

Any help would be great,

Cheers!
Well done for getting the job..thats a first!
Cadiz is a very Spanish town and you will have to immerse yourself in the language and culture to survive. The town has lots of bars and a great atmosphere so if you want nightlife and a place to make friends then thats the place. Football is an endemic disease in Spain. Their daily football newspaper sells more copies than any other paper. I am sure you will find a local club to play in.
Just have to realise that you will have to either support Barcelona or Real Madrid..its as important as what political party you support, if not more so!