Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Benidorm Area

Moving to Benidorm Area

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

stunmoyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Benidorm Area

Hi, Myself and my fiance are thinking of moving to the benidorm area in the next year, i am a professional singer and my fiance is a fully qualified classroom assistant.

We have 2 kids my daughter is 5 and my son is 2, we are travelling out at the end of september and are going to look at a couple of english schools, 1 is the Sierra Bernia school in Alfaz del pi and the other is Elian British school in La Nucia.

I am then going to travel back in March for 4 to 6 weeks to try and secure work whilst my partner tries to organise stuff back in Scotland.

I am looking for advice on the schools above or to wether people who have already moved over could recommend any schools either spanish or english in the surrounding area, also if anyone can advise if there is a large amount of work for singers or is it a over employed market and lastly if anyone can recommend areas to look for long term lets in the benidorm surrounding area, we have an idea but theres nothing like getting the info from the horses mouth....pardon the pun lol. anyway any info would be much appreciated.

cheers
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Benidorm Area

Originally Posted by stunmoyz
Hi, Myself and my fiance are thinking of moving to the benidorm area in the next year, i am a professional singer and my fiance is a fully qualified classroom assistant.

We have 2 kids my daughter is 5 and my son is 2, we are travelling out at the end of september and are going to look at a couple of english schools, 1 is the Sierra Bernia school in Alfaz del pi and the other is Elian British school in La Nucia.

I am then going to travel back in March for 4 to 6 weeks to try and secure work whilst my partner tries to organise stuff back in Scotland.

I am looking for advice on the schools above or to wether people who have already moved over could recommend any schools either spanish or english in the surrounding area, also if anyone can advise if there is a large amount of work for singers or is it a over employed market and lastly if anyone can recommend areas to look for long term lets in the benidorm surrounding area, we have an idea but theres nothing like getting the info from the horses mouth....pardon the pun lol. anyway any info would be much appreciated.

cheers
do some searches on here...loads of info on schools and working in Spain..prob not such a good time to move over at the mo

kids are young enough to go to Spanish school without any problems so would recommend that instead of English schools

you probably know there are tonnes of bars and tonnes of singers in Benidorm and surrounding areas, who knows what your chances of work would be, expect its a case of walking the streets and asking about..doubt whether bars would offer contracts so you would be self employed and have to pay tax etc even if you dont have work

are you going to rent or buy ? renting is better IMO and make sure you have enough cash to last 6-12 months (or more) to keep you going

also be very wary of people promising work and contracts...some can not be trusted and have ulterior motives

sorry to sound so negative, just being honest
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

stunmoyz is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info, i am bringing a load of my own equipment and also do quiz's, karaoke's and discos etc so i can cover all bases not just singing.

where do i research the schools on here though.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Alfaz, Altea and Albir are just a few minutes away from Benidorm as places to live, a lot quieter, but with easy access by car or public transport.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info, i am bringing a load of my own equipment and also do quiz's, karaoke's and discos etc so i can cover all bases not just singing.

Your children are young enough to go straight into spanish school probably with no problems. Do you really want to have to find extra money to pay school fees on top of everything else? As Mike says Albir is quieter - I have friends whose children are in the local school in Albir and you are within easy reach of Benidorm if you manage to find work there.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You and a million others in Spain. ;-))