Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Arroyo de la Miel

Moving to Arroyo de la Miel

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Elissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Arroyo de la Miel

Hello there, i am new to the forum, and just wanted to say hi before i asked for your help!

I have visited the Costa Del Sol many times with my husband, and have been to Benalmadena and Fuengirola mostly. We have never been to Arroyo de la Miel, but have been told by many people that if we were to relocate to the Costas its probably the best place to look.

A few friends said it is very expat, and has a nice atmosphere there. I wanted to know if anyone had some expert opinions on the place. Is it a nice area, a good place for a toddler. Schooling ? Beaches ? Community life ? Maybe a good place to open a business ? Good accommodation to rent ?

I know it seems i have written a lot down but if anyone can give me any info i would very much appreciate it. We would be renting initially ( to get a feel for the area for the first 6 months before commiting to buy) so any tips on good websites to look, or any residental areas in Arroyo to look out for!

Thank you so much for your help!

Elissa
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Arroyo de la Miel

Arroyo de la Miel is a pleasant town. Maybe not as pleasant as when it was a small hillside village reached from the coast by a series of narrow dusty tracks! I have an apartment near the park but I wouldn't want to live there. Come to that I wouldn't want to live in any town but that's my preference.

It is very popular with the people who rent my apartment to such an extent that many of them come back year after year. If you prefer to settle in a coastal area Arroyo is probably your best choice.

I can't answer your specific questions but I am sure there are many who can.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Arroyo is a very British area, some good some bad, like any town. It depends what you are looking for, personally we prefer to live few miles away, just visit when we can, it all depends on age, childrens´s ages, business plans etc., best to visit and have a look. Our Grandson went to school there, infant/junior school, and got on very well, many schools there, this one was near Paloma Park, not sure of name.

With regards to long term rent, can give you name of guy we know but rentals mostly Benalmadena Pueblo area, about 10 minutes from Arroyo by car.

Good luck, and any further help I can give please ask
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Arroyo and I think it's a pleasant area. There's plenty of different shops, including Supersol and Mercadona supermarkets, and there are many British/Irish bars which attract regular customers, so it shouldn't be too difficult getting to know people.

There's a train station and several bus routes go through Arroyo, so the transport links are pretty good. In the very centre there's a children's play area, plus you have Paloma Park nearby.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

There's also a bilingual nursery school on the edge of Arroyo, although I could not tell you if it's any good. The website is www.gpeterpan.com.