Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to alicante

Moving to alicante

Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:22 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to alicante

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I dont know the area that you're looking at as I'm in the costa del sol, altho if you're looking at teaching posts in international schools, the best thing to do is ask which areas are most popular once you get a job, come over and see what you like. As for part time work for your wife, well as I say I dont live in that area, but i suspect its not going to be easy. Spain has mass unemployment. You maybe need to settle first and then she can look and ask around. Very often in Spain its not what you know but who

I can tell you that Electricity is probably about the same as the UK, gas, in most areas isnt laid to mains, but you can buy bottles which cost around 13€ and second hand cars are more expenisve than the UK

Jo xxx
obviously a while since you bought gas Jo, I paid €16.10 for one yesterday
but it is still good value when compared with electricity.

`
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by searcher48
Public transport is limited Spain. Especially trying to commute....Best to bring a car over from UK for the year or buy one here. Unless you can live on the school bus route.
not in this part of Spain, we have excellent bus services, the BH has been commuting for a year with no problems, and for €1.60 or something for a 20km journey it is cheaper than driving and paying parking fees. Even when she has to use the car on Spanish bank holidays she manages to get free on-street parking and catches an inner city bus for €0.60 each way.

when catching a plane out of Malaga it is easier and cheaper to catch a coach for €9.00 each way (bookable seats) and they run 7am to 11pm.

`
Old Dec 12th 2012, 11:51 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mijas2
Hi

We are a couple in our mid 30's who have lived in Mijas, Malaga for years and feel it has died of death here in this area and its probably time for us to move on to a new adventure - Its died of death for us anyway!

We are looking to move to the Costa Blanca area - Alicante/Benidorm, but have not got a clue on which areas to start looking in - We know what we want but not where!!!

We would like a rural campo property, we currently live 25 mins from the nearest beach, have sea views, clear view of Africa etc, we like our views and our space.

We would ideally like a rustic / spanish cave house with a min of 2 beds and either a swimming pool or hot tub, we have pets so we would prefer outside gardens and space - private and secluded but with views to die for as we have here!

Ideally we would like to be away from the tourist track and beachside, within bus / car is fine but we like to be around fellow spanish as well as brits.

Has anyoone got any ideas of any locations I may be able to start looking at? We would prefer south from Alicante and no more than 30/40mins from airport driving.

Any help would be much appreciated and grateful

Im new to this so hopefully havent bored anyone with the long post but at least its detailed!!

Thank you again

M X
We just got a place near Castalla (not Castalla international), lovely area & prices in the realms of reality.
You could also look at , Ibi, Onil, Tibi only a short run from Alicante on the Motorway.

Suzi
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:48 am
Just Joined

mijas2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Suzi

Someone had suggested Onil and it looks gorgeous - Mountain scenery and peaceful!!! Have you brought or are you renting as we would want to start by renting until we find our feet - what sort of prices would we be looking at for a 2/3 bed min private pool, garden? I saw one for £430 / 480/500euros pcm - Do you have views of the sea as well as the mountain seclusion?

Sorry for all the questions - just really excited for our new adventure - we hope to settle there and start our family.

M x
Old Dec 13th 2012, 2:19 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mijas2
Many thanks Suzi

Someone had suggested Onil and it looks gorgeous - Mountain scenery and peaceful!!! Have you brought or are you renting as we would want to start by renting until we find our feet - what sort of prices would we be looking at for a 2/3 bed min private pool, garden? I saw one for £430 / 480/500euros pcm - Do you have views of the sea as well as the mountain seclusion?

Sorry for all the questions - just really excited for our new adventure - we hope to settle there and start our family.

M x
We are renting, It's a bit far for the sea views. Mountains no problem.
It's a real shame I didn't know earlier, we looked at one & turned it down only because of work space. Ended up getting the house next door, unfortunately it has just been let. Do you mean pounds ? we are paying €500. euros. But it has a lot of land.
I will see if I have any links left & will PM them to you if I have.

Suzi