Moving Abroad

Old Aug 28th 2016, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Chanwhitney558 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Abroad

Me and my partner have our hearts set on moving somewhere in Spain and starting a new life out there. We're both only early 20s but it's been something we've spoke alot about and are ready to start saving and preparing for. I've found many websites with places to rent, many websites helping us with what we need to do to leave the UK but what we want to know is what is the right amount of money to enter Spain with? Saving isn't a problem but how much exactly is a good amount to be saved and ready to move abroad with? We will get new jobs out there ect so we'd be entering the country with just a home and whatever money we have saved but what would anyone say is a good amount to have to start our lives out there?
Old Aug 29th 2016, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Abroad

Originally Posted by Chanwhitney558
Me and my partner have our hearts set on moving somewhere in Spain and starting a new life out there. We're both only early 20s but it's been something we've spoke alot about and are ready to start saving and preparing for. I've found many websites with places to rent, many websites helping us with what we need to do to leave the UK but what we want to know is what is the right amount of money to enter Spain with? Saving isn't a problem but how much exactly is a good amount to be saved and ready to move abroad with? We will get new jobs out there ect so we'd be entering the country with just a home and whatever money we have saved but what would anyone say is a good amount to have to start our lives out there?
Not an easy question to answer, because everyone's needs are different. I would simply suggest that wherever you are planning to move to abroad, then you need sufficient funds to keep both of you for at least a year without any income of any sort coming in. Jobs are not easy to find, and state payouts virtually non existant.
good luck whatever.
'o nonno
Old Aug 29th 2016, 7:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 29th 2016, 7:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, sufficient money to last a year at least, and please do not buy straight away, rent first so you ensure that the area is right for you before committing. How fluent are you in Spanish, working in Spain will certainly mean needing a good working knowledge of the language. Please be aware that unemployment in Spain is around 20%, and among the young it is more like 30%, so you are likely to have difficulty in getting jobs unless you have niche skills, what sort of work will you be looking for?
I'm sorry if the posts come over as somewhat negative, but it's a reflection of the situation in Spain. Spain is a great place to live if you have money and don't need to work, which explains it's popularity among retirees, but it's not so good if you need to find work and earn a living, and, of course, unless you get legally contracted jobs you will need to have Private Health Insurance as there is no access to the Spanish health service like there is to the NHS in the UK, you either need to be working with a legal contrct or self employed paying into the Spanish social fund.
Old Aug 29th 2016, 8:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guaranteed these good jobs?

Rosemary
Old Aug 29th 2016, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that if you are living here permanently you will need to register for residency after 90 days and you will become a tax payer after 183 days.

To become a resident you will need to prove that you have a regular income, which I believe is min €600 per month (or a good amount in the bank plus a valid credit card) and your health care sorted!

Do loads and loads of research before committing yourselves and don't forget that everything could change after article 50 is triggered.

I wish you the best of luck with everything.

Steve
Old Aug 29th 2016, 10:32 am
Just Joined

JuliaStein is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Spain is a good choice, especially if you're young and active to estimate the sum needed for rent you can check out this page https://tranio.com/spain/ They have lots of property offers in Spain and they will connect you to local agents for free. they will definitely advise you on how much money you need to start with
Old Aug 29th 2016, 10:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuliaStein
I think Spain is a good choice, especially if you're young and active to estimate the sum needed for rent you can check out this page https://tranio.com/spain/ They have lots of property offers in Spain and they will connect you to local agents for free. they will definitely advise you on how much money you need to start with
Not really a good choice if they need to get jobs, and do not have fluent Spanish. I would not advise moving in that case. If they have jobs lined up, with legal contracts, then yes.