Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moviestar pay as you go

moviestar pay as you go

Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

JIM1593 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moviestar pay as you go

I am moving to Spain september and bought a moviestar pay as you go sim about 1 a month a go whilst in spain for a week making final arrangements for our move, and was shocked how much money i was having to load on this mobile. I visited moviestars site and see it is very expensive to ring cross network mobiles (12 times the cost).
I would very much appreciate any advise on monitoring/saving money on a pay as u go sim,eg is it possible to identify moviestar numbers.
Many thanks
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: moviestar pay as you go

I too would be interested in latest views about cost of making Mobile calls. As part of the research I see that The Phone House (Spanish phone Warehouse) post a PDF of current charges:
http://www.phonehouse.es/document/tarifas.pdf
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I was on Movistar and got fed up with the credit running out of date, also you need to top up to save losing your old credit if the phone is used sparingly.
I changed to Vodafone and dialed in their Vitamina plan, I can talk to local landlines and other Vodafones "talk 60mins pay for 1 min" ,also the credit is ongoing and for every 20€`s you put on it you get 10`s extra free.

PS Nige I think those prices on link are contracts ?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Yes they are contracts and pre pay. Look at page two.

I have used MOVISTAR and pre pay but never understand the tariffs. I also Top Up using my BBVA bank a/c web site - fairly easy task. Can do anywhere in the world and for as little as 5 euros a time. But someone told me you can do the same using MOVISTAR website but that's far TOO CONFUSING.

Last edited by Nige; Aug 12th 2007 at 5:34 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige
Yes they are contracts and pre pay. Look at page two.

I have used MOVISTAR and pre pay but never understand the tariffs. I also Top Up using my BBVA bank a/c web site - fairly easy task. Can do anywhere in the world and for as little as 5 euros a time. But someone told me you can do the same using MOVISTAR website but that's far TOO CONFUSING.
Whoops, didn`t realize it had two pages. ;-))