Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:48 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

Originally Posted by JLFS
I am confused as to how a foreigner who is under pension age only pays 10% of their prescritions with a SIP. whereas a national of working age pays a lot more.

Could someone clear this up?
It was free before July, Spains government now want a little extra, simple really, new government changes
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:03 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

the info can be found here/

http://www.abacoconnect.com/articles...-reimbursement

From what I can read and my understanding only people of penison age pay 10 percent, all under pension age pay a sliding scale, I will now pay 50 percent.

Not that I am ever ill, but I dont see how foreign under pension ages only pay 10 percent, have the British government decided to pay the difference for its citizens, so that in effect the SS gets the same amount for their presectiptions?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:04 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

How an earth are people going to be able to pay these bills? Up to €650- 780 a month!
http://accionmasreaccion.wordpress.c...por-la-prensa/
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:00 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I could tell you but then I would have to kill you
From what I read you must be a pensioner, if you only pay 10 percent
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:03 pm

From what I read you must be a pensioner, if you only pay 10 percent
There are many many ways that this is so not true.

and I thought you knew more about Spain than me?

Now you really have got me confused?

Last edited by anonimouse; Jul 31st 2012 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:13 pm
Banned

next
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the point of that.
Explain why its not true rather than make such a comment.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Whats the point of that.
Explain why its not true rather than make such a comment.
The point is simply that that is the way he and a couple of others on here always speaks to me, and you know it.

He quite often tells me how little I know about Spain.

If I'm not allowed to answer them back in the same way as they talk to me you best close my account,

Last edited by anonimouse; Jul 31st 2012 at 11:08 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:05 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The point is simply that that is the way he and a couple of others on here always speaks to me, and you know it.

He quite often tells me how little I know about Spain.

If I'm not allowed to answer them back in the same way as they talk to me you best close my account,
I asked you to explain in what way in so many ways it was not true, not to complain about another poster who general responds to your jibes
If you dont want to, then dont, but please return to topic

Are you asking me to close your account?
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:04 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Free? Oooooooh, that sounds expensive.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I asked you to explain in what way in so many ways it was not true, not to complain about another poster who general responds to your jibes
If you dont want to, then dont, but please return to topic

Are you asking me to close your account
?
YES
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a good article in English explaining how prescription charges for pensioners works.

http://iberosphere.com/2012/07/disen...t-process/6542

Pensioners with an income below €18,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €8 per month.

Pensioners with an income above €18,000 but below €100,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €18 per month.

Pensioners with an income above €100,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €60 per month.

Non-pensioners with an income below €18,000 pay 40% toward the cost with no maximum.

Non-pensioners with an income above €18,000 but below €100,000 pay 50% toward the cost with no maximum.

Non-pensioners with an income above €100,000 pay 60% toward the cost with no maximum.

Your income is established through your annual resident tax declaration (IRPF). If you haven’t made one of these you will always be charged a set percentage and will not be eligible for any reimbursement once your maximum payment has been reached.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Here's a good article in English explaining how prescription charges for pensioners works.

http://iberosphere.com/2012/07/disen...t-process/6542

Pensioners with an income below €18,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €8 per month.

Pensioners with an income above €18,000 but below €100,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €18 per month.

Pensioners with an income above €100,000 pay 10% toward the cost up to a maximum of €60 per month.

Non-pensioners with an income below €18,000 pay 40% toward the cost with no maximum.

Non-pensioners with an income above €18,000 but below €100,000 pay 50% toward the cost with no maximum.

Non-pensioners with an income above €100,000 pay 60% toward the cost with no maximum.

Your income is established through your annual resident tax declaration (IRPF). If you haven’t made one of these you will always be charged a set percentage and will not be eligible for any reimbursement once your maximum payment has been reached.
T hat is what I heard, that only pensioners got away wit paying 10 percent, but I was told otherwise by another poster whe claimed not to be a pensioner, but only paid 10% for prescriptions that I was wrong.

As a worker the 10 does not apply to me anyway, but if tere was a legal way, ten it might ave been good info.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

T hat is what I heard, that only pensioners got away wit paying 10 percent, but I was told otherwise by another poster whe claimed not to be a pensioner, but only paid 10% for prescriptions that I was wrong.

As a worker the 10 does not apply to me anyway, but if tere was a legal way, ten it might ave been good info.
I think in some communities e.g. Andalucia you can still get the low rate if your income is below a certain amount, you have to apply for "sin recursos".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.