Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Move to Spain but Work in U.K.

Move to Spain but Work in U.K.

Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

NasInsua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Spain but Work in U.K.

Hello, we are considering moving to Spain with my husband and 2 children. I will continue to work for my U.K. Company but my husband is not working and he also can apply for Spanish passport (his farther is Spanish even though he was born in U.K. He had a Spanish passport but its expired and his got uk passport now). By that Measure I'm not sure what's the best way to register. We have a house in London which we would look to keep and rent and our children would need to go to school.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have read lots of posts but not come across a similar scenario yet.

Thank you!
Nas

Last edited by NasInsua; Mar 26th 2018 at 5:12 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Spain but Work in U.K.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 27th 2018, 12:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband should renew his Spanish passport and apply for your children to be registered as Spanish citizens and obtain their Spanish passports.

You should register yourself as a resident within three months of arrival.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...n/index_en.htm
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Read up on the modulo 720, as you'd have to declare your house as a foreign asset in Spain.

Is the company you work for registered in Spain? If not you might have to become freelance in order to pay social security in Spain.

Your final decision might well come down to schooling your children, so you really need to research that.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chopera
Read up on the modulo 720, as you'd have to declare your house as a foreign asset in Spain.

Is the company you work for registered in Spain? If not you might have to become freelance in order to pay social security in Spain.

Your final decision might well come down to schooling your children, so you really need to research that.
Thank you, my company is not registered in Spain I don't think.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=BritInParis;12470737]Your husband should renew his Spanish passport and apply for your children to be registered as Spanish citizens and obtain their Spanish passports.

Thank you that's very helpful link. Does this mean once my husband and children hold Spanish passport it gives them access to schools and healthcare? Does it make everything more straight forward?
Old Mar 28th 2018, 6:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NasInsua
Thank you that's very helpful link. Does this mean once my husband and children hold Spanish passport it gives them access to schools and healthcare? Does it make everything more straight forward?
It provides evidence of their Spanish citizenship which will ease formalities and ensure that they are correctly treated as Spanish citizens by the Spanish authorities. I can't comment on the particulars of the Spanish healthcare and education systems but they will be able to access both on the same terms as any other Spanish citizen.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It provides evidence of their Spanish citizenship which will ease formalities and ensure that they are correctly treated as Spanish citizens by the Spanish authorities. I can't comment on the particulars of the Spanish healthcare and education systems but they will be able to access both on the same terms as any other Spanish citizen.
Thank you very much!!