motorway tolls

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

jacobite1745 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile motorway tolls

Hi there, does any one know how I can get that magic box that allows me to pass toll booths with out having to stop,and pay later for them. Also how do I get one for France? many thanks Jacobite1745
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: motorway tolls

Originally Posted by jacobite1745
Hi there, does any one know how I can get that magic box that allows me to pass toll booths with out having to stop,and pay later for them. Also how do I get one for France? many thanks Jacobite1745
Sorry don't know - if it was me I'd ask at a peaje.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

My bank (CAM) can arrange them. I personally never got past the stage where my account had to be a credit account?

The UK chip & pin cc seem to be a problem in Spain but work a breeze in France. Immediately past some toll stations in France are places where you can enquire, but I would suspect like all things bureaucratic, it will not be simple.

In Dubai they recently introduced road tolls. A device rather like the silver foil devices on library books is placed on the windscreen and the value can be topped up in many ways. Online, cash, ATM etc.

But I doubt if many European governments see any advantage in serving the taxpayer anytime soon. Didn't the UK govt just raise the Dartford toll?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

Hello

It is called at VIA T - we got ours from our bank - you pay an initial fee (Can't quite remember, but it was about 30 - 40€) and then i think it is 10€ per year after that. You swipe as you go through and the money is deducted from your bank account automatically. We have been told that the more you use it the cheaper it gets.

We ordered it from the bank and it arrived within a few days
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

As Tolly says you apply at your bank and we were charged the same price 30 euros for the bleeper and then 10 euros per year

You can get more details here http://www.viat.es/