Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOTORCYCLE DEALERS PLEASE

MOTORCYCLE DEALERS PLEASE

Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default MOTORCYCLE DEALERS PLEASE

Hi all, can anyone give me websites for motorcycle dealers used and new, particularly BMW, also any car dealerships in and around Valencia would be great. Thankyou
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:12 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOTORCYCLE DEALERS PLEASE

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi all, can anyone give me websites for motorcycle dealers used and new, particularly BMW, also any car dealerships in and around Valencia would be great. Thankyou

You can start HERE.....but don't expect to get much sense out of any of them. Anywhere.
I've used Belmonte in Murcia who are Beemer dealers....they're OKish at a push.

You can also look HERE where you'll find trade and private sales.

Motocasion magazine is worth getting too.

I've got loads more links and sources, so let me know if you want any more.

The bad news is they're all in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Ta very much, we have been trying to decide whether to bring over our BMW which is only a year old or sell it and buy the newer version of it in Spain,
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:09 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squelch
Ta very much, we have been trying to decide whether to bring over our BMW which is only a year old or sell it and buy the newer version of it in Spain,
I've PM'd you!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you mean about cloud cuckoo land Xtreme!! A pan euro, 3 years old and they want 14500euros!!! thats about 4000 euros more than new over here in the UK Lord help me if I want to buy a replacement for my Hayabusa! mehtinks it'll be making the final trip over with me to stay in Spain
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:03 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Matriculation for bikes costs anywhere from €150 to €300, so it is well worth it.

Most dealers bring used bikes in from UK & Germany and sell on
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:29 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I see what you mean about cloud cuckoo land Xtreme!! A pan euro, 3 years old and they want 14500euros!!! thats about 4000 euros more than new over here in the UK Lord help me if I want to buy a replacement for my Hayabusa! mehtinks it'll be making the final trip over with me to stay in Spain
Best one I've seen is a 96 Affy Twin with 50K kms on the clock for €8K....which is more than buying a brand new DL650 V-Strom.
Private sellers are no better....they think they can buy a bike brand new, keep it for 5 years and only lose €500.

And don't even get me started on maintenance....the phrase "oil change" obviously has no direct translation in Spanish cos it's unknown concept.
I talked to a guy with a 6 year old Transalp and 30K kms on the clock, and asked him how often he changed the oil. He looked at me bewildered and said "Change the oil? Why? It already has oil in it". Yes....he was still running on his original break-in oil

I went into a dealer when I first got here and asked for chain lube. The reply...."Why would you want to lube the chain?" I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to ask for chain cleaner as well!

So....you might look at a Spanish bike and see something that's rust and salt free....but inside the motor could be running on little more than cooking oil. Be careful.......unless it's a full main dealer service history walk away.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:43 pm
Mucho Macho

One thing I want to add to this is insurance!

My record on bikes is I'm 53, I have been riding permanently since 1971 (I'm not a BAB), I've owned 55 bikes in that time, never made a claim, clean licence since 1975, no minor dismounts (except offroad) since 1978.
So to UK insurers I'm a pretty safe bet....I could have an unlimited multibike fully comprehensive policy up to and including Group 17 for less than £150. So....any number of bikes, any size or bhp....they're all covered.
Here....a Group 12 bike costs me €360/£240 Third Party only.....for one bike! If you want better cover than that be prepared to go to the Brit brokers and pay over a grand.
So if you have a few bikes you're talking serious money here!

What I do is use e-Bikes....and it only costs me £75 a year for the full cover! And yes, it's 365 days a year European cover! Sorted!

If you buy a Spanish bike or a couple of Spanish bikes, then your motorcycling is going to be very expensive indeed when you add up purchase costs plus insurances.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Xtreme, Firstly i agree with ALL of your gripes about cars, bikes etc, the whole scenario is ridiculous, whether it's registration, insurance or whatever.
BUT, I just took a gander at the e-bike site you mentionedwith regard to 365 day coverage throughout Europe. It says that unless you live in the UK permanently, you are not covered! It's basically holiday travel cover. Were you aware of that?
Regards
Tim
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:20 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Xtreme, Firstly i agree with ALL of your gripes about cars, bikes etc, the whole scenario is ridiculous, whether it's registration, insurance or whatever.
BUT, I just took a gander at the e-bike site you mentionedwith regard to 365 day coverage throughout Europe. It says that unless you live in the UK permanently, you are not covered! It's basically holiday travel cover. Were you aware of that?
Regards
Tim
That's their disclaimer Tim.....providing you have an UK address you're covered.
The policies are actually issued from Gibraltar and the whole ethos behind it is to get the expat market who've previously been shafted on insurance here. That's why they say 365 days cover where all the rest stipulate 90....cos let's be honest, who would need up to 365 days Euro cover other than expats? Motorcycle travellers perhaps? Unlikely, cos it didn't take Ewan McGregor 365 days to go round the world let alone Europe!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
That's their disclaimer Tim.....providing you have an UK address you're covered.
The policies are actually issued from Gibraltar and the whole ethos behind it is to get the expat market who've previously been shafted on insurance here. That's why they say 365 days cover where all the rest stipulate 90....cos let's be honest, who would need up to 365 days Euro cover other than expats? Motorcycle travellers perhaps? Unlikely, cos it didn't take Ewan McGregor 365 days to go round the world let alone Europe!
Fair do's!!!
Just out of interest, Spanish or UK plates? Wonder if they do cars?
Regards
Tim

Edit, It would appear that they do cars too!

Last edited by valenciatim; Aug 27th 2007 at 2:27 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:34 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Fair do's!!!
Just out of interest, Spanish or UK plates? Wonder if they do cars?
Regards
Tim

Edit, It would appear that they do cars too!
Get on it my man!

We're bad to the bone....and we're on a white knuckle ride into oblivion! Weather permitting!