Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Motorbike Noise

Motorbike Noise

Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

minny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorbike Noise

We are plagued by the noise of a motorbike and quad bike racing club which has been set up on the mountain opposite where we live on a golf urbanisation.
Can anyone tell me the process for getting this stopped, the noise is unbelievable.
Many thanks
Minny
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorbike Noise

Originally Posted by minny
We are plagued by the noise of a motorbike and quad bike racing club which has been set up on the mountain opposite where we live on a golf urbanisation.
Can anyone tell me the process for getting this stopped, the noise is unbelievable.
Many thanks
Minny
That would be a denouncia I guess, although knowing the Spanish love of noise you'll probably get no where
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Minny
perhaps you could complain at the council as a first port of call, you might not get anywhere though, suppose if it depends if they have permission to use the ground for their bikes
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Minny
Complain to the president of your golf urbanization, maybe his legal powers will help you.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:04 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Minny
Turn the volume up on your tv and maybe you wont hear them.this spain.they are spanish.you are a forigner in spain.if it dosnt bother the spanish dont let it bother you.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

This is a reply to Betris.
Yes I do know that this is Spain and that I am a foreigner here ( by the way there is an e in foreigner).
Funnily enough I don't watch TV all day, I like to be outside (one of the benefits of living here).
What would you do if you had over 40 motorbikes & quadbikes literally next to you.....don't tell me you would not let them bother you.
Noise is part and parcel of spanish life but if you choose to live in the mountains for peace and quiet thenthat is what you should expect.
Thanks for all your advice (not).
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do know that this is Spain and that I am a foreigner here ( by the way there is an e in foreigner).
Funnily enough I don't watch TV all day, I like to be outside (one of the benefits of living here).
What would you do if you had over 40 motorbikes & quadbikes literally next to you.....don't tell me you would not let them bother you.
Noise is part and parcel of spanish life but if you choose to live in the mountains for peace and quiet thenthat is what you should expect.
just ignore him - most of us do

he's just pulling your leg
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:13 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the spelling lesson.Ive come this far in life with bad spelling so Im not going to change now.so get a petition up and pester the local council.be pre armed with all the regulations concerning noise polution.see if there are any enviromental and animal issues.if there are go see a green party counciler.If you can get a few spanish locals on board incluiding the golf club.and maybe if poss the local rag so you are not to easly dismissed.If you cant stop them see if you can get the council to move them a lot further away so it dosnt annoy the people around.and it still lets them have the race meeting.then every one is happy.good luck
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

your going to jump the gun there why not go up ask the people that are running it frist and come to a 50/50 with them , Your going to put some poor sole out off work ...... . my next door nabougher make noise but dont see me run down to the loacl council are to the green party asking then to shut him up now what he up to at 3 am , i dont know but told his wife i love to see are join in . now thay got kick out that , and there spanish aswell
you living here and have to get on with people

dont doing what the guy did in the loacl town telling the church to stop ring there bells at all hours mmmm . missed them balls now , when bells went we played football on his street for few weeks after the bar to keep him awake ... then he told church to start ring there bells again the football stopped at 2 am for hour , ( 11 guys drunk playing football )

why not go up and have a chat befor you go any where eles
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jurdyr
your going to jump the gun there why not go up ask the people that are running it frist and come to a 50/50 with them , Your going to put some poor sole out off work ...... . my next door nabougher make noise but dont see me run down to the loacl council are to the green party asking then to shut him up now what he up to at 3 am , i dont know but told his wife i love to see are join in . now thay got kick out that , and there spanish aswell

dont doing what the guy did in the loacl town telling the church to stop ring there bells at all hours mmmm . missed them balls now , when bells went we played football on his street for few weeks after the bar to keep him awake ... then he told church to start ring there bells again the football stopped at 2 am for hour , ( 11 guys drunk playing football )

noise dosnt bother me either.its a english thing,if its noisy put in your earplugs or join them or better still sod of back to england.(not you minni) just the ones who moan for the least bit of noise.

Last edited by betris; Nov 10th 2008 at 10:34 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

In most areas there has been a big reduction in noise from kids flying about on unsilenced mopeds and ignoring every rule in the book.
I think the police have clamped down on them a lot in the last few years, where previously they seemed to take little notice of them.
I wonder if the noise level regulations regarding individual machines could apply in this case, as although they are not on the road,they are in the vicinity of peoples homes etc.
In some resort places I have visited, the police have been red hot in hitting and closing down bars with excessive noise in the vicinity of living accommodation and I think a similar thing should apply in this case with regard to the bikes etc.
I believe there is a special branch of the police that deal with entertainment licences and this sort of thing and turn up doing checks with noise meters when least expected
Possibly worth having a word with the police,when the noise is at its worst and get their opinion.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr

What a well thought out considered post
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
Banned

some of them quads or scramblers with no silencers realy do your head in.when they are just going around and around and around in circles
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:34 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

They do wonders for house prices coupled with the credit crunch
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Big thanks to everyone (including you Betris), really appreciate it.
Minny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.