Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

mosquitoe problem in santa pola,spain??

mosquitoe problem in santa pola,spain??

Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:15 am
nice people

shaun&sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mosquitoe problem in santa pola,spain??

Hi all

we are thinking of buying a property in santa pola (costa blanc south),which is 10 miles south of alicante

friends of ours have told us to find out first if theres a mosquitoe problem due to the fact theres large salt flat beds near bye and we think swamp land.
does anyone know abot this??
does anyone know if there is or isnt a mosquitoe problem there??

regards

shaun and sue
york(england)
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Lisa White is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mosquitoe problem in santa pola,spain??

Originally Posted by shaun&sue
Hi all

we are thinking of buying a property in santa pola (costa blanc south),which is 10 miles south of alicante

friends of ours have told us to find out first if theres a mosquitoe problem due to the fact theres large salt flat beds near bye and we think swamp land.
does anyone know abot this??
does anyone know if there is or isnt a mosquitoe problem there??

regards

shaun and sue
york(england)
Hi

I live in the next town/village along from Santa Pola. We found the mossies to be a problem only in May and then the local Govt (San Fulgencio) sprayed the trees and shrubs etc and then the problem was gone. We went to a party near the salt lakes in mid June and yes we were bothered (as in can see loads of the in the air around you) by mossies but we had spray on and they left us alone. I know people who live out near the El Fondo and the salt lakes and yes they are bothered by mossies but keep this under control by keeping their land hard paved/gravelled and the shrubs and trees planted away from the house. Basil is a natural anti mossie plant and we have little pots of it on our window sills and this definetely helped and I know people who have it planted around the walls of their houses.
Hope this helps.