Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mortgage Wanted...who to use

Mortgage Wanted...who to use

Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Doz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage Wanted...who to use

im after a spanish mortgage as i have made an offer on a house in the costa tropical area. has anyone got any good tips on who to use as i am self employed and do not have all the necessary paperwork for the last 2/3 years so making it more difficult to obtain one.
i do have the 20% deposit for the property but often see upto 100% mortg being made available by some companies. is this possible?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mortgage Wanted...who to use

Originally Posted by Doz1
im after a spanish mortgage as i have made an offer on a house in the costa tropical area. has anyone got any good tips on who to use as i am self employed and do not have all the necessary paperwork for the last 2/3 years so making it more difficult to obtain one.
i do have the 20% deposit for the property but often see upto 100% mortg being made available by some companies. is this possible?
Yes, you can get a 100% mortgage. Some even do 120%. This is assuming you a resident though, if you aren't a resident I think the limit is 80%
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:14 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

You only need paperwork for one year in Spain. Last four quarterley IVA and IRPF declarations and your most recent RENTA.

100% mortgages usually have crap conditions - high interest rates etc.

ING - euribor + 0.33%
Activo bank (Solbank) euribor + 0.22%
Open bank euribor +0.39%
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Try http://www.mortgagingsolutions.net/home.htm
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Also remember that the % of the loan is based on the banks valuation of the property.

This can often be very much less that the asking price.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
Also remember that the % of the loan is based on the banks valuation of the property.

This can often be very much less that the asking price.
Works both ways though? I think it can be more?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:39 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty unlikely to be more with the current state of the housing market.

Spanish banks aren't stupid - they want to get their money back if the borrower defaults.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:42 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

We've been offered an 85%mortgage based on valuation of property.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:51 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I misread the title thought it said "Marriage Wanted...who to use", need to get my glasses on
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Damn I misread the title thought it said "Marriage Wanted...who to use", need to get my glasses on
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Spanish banks will lend 80% of the valuation to non residents so in order to achieve a 100% mortgage the property must value at 120% of what you want to borrow. This is usually only possible if the property has a large square meterage, good location and the vendor is desperate to sell and has a low asking price. Also don't forget that to buy a property with a mortgage the cost's are around 12% of the purchase price so that will take up most of your deposit.