British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The morning update email... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/morning-update-email-946919/)

rafikiphoto Jan 30th 2023 8:37 am

The morning update email...

I have received the morning British Expats email for a long time without problem. Now the email still arrives but the links it contains each go to a blank page. Is it just my system or are others having the same issue? For me this is happening on both Firefox in Linux and Firefox and Vivaldi in Windows 11, different laptops.

Retired in Euskadi Jan 30th 2023 12:02 pm

Re: The morning update email...

I'm using an AppleMac desktop, and no problems at all.

UKMS Jan 30th 2023 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto (Post 13169327)
I have received the morning British Expats email for a long time without problem. Now the email still arrives but the links it contains each go to a blank page. Is it just my system or are others having the same issue? For me this is happening on both Firefox in Linux and Firefox and Vivaldi in Windows 11, different laptops.

Try Chrome or Edge ;)

Pulaski Jan 30th 2023 7:48 pm

Open the link (right click) and check the web address. Are there any stray characters on the end? .... Typically anything after the first question mark can be deleted, including the question mark.

What happens if you copy the link and paste it into a browser address field - will the browser open it?

rafikiphoto Jan 31st 2023 9:13 am

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 13169379)
Try Chrome or Edge ;)

Already did but no joy. Tried Firefox in troubleshoot mode (no extensions) and even Tor browser!

rafikiphoto Jan 31st 2023 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 13169467)
Open the link (right click) and check the web address. Are there any stray characters on the end? .... Typically anything after the first question mark can be deleted, including the question mark.

What happens if you copy the link and paste it into a browser address field - will the browser open it?

No oddities there.
I had tried removing the bits after the question mark which did bring up a page but it was asking for the thread reference (t=xxxxxx).
Copying and pasting was the first thing I did but didn't work.
Ah well, thanks for the suggestions, all. If the links are working for the rest of you it must be here so I'll keep searching for a solution.

old.sparkles Jan 31st 2023 9:24 am

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto (Post 13169529)
Already did but no joy. Tried Firefox in troubleshoot mode (no extensions) and even Tor browser!

You are not the only user to have this (or similar) issue - it has been reported in site feedback although most people seem to get a 'this page isn't working message'.

Have you tried clearing the cache in your browsing data?

rafikiphoto Jan 31st 2023 9:29 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 13169531)
You are not the only user to have this (or similar) issue - it has been reported in site feedback although most people seem to get a 'this page isn't working message'.

Have you tried clearing the cache in your browsing data?

I got that message when I copied and pasted into Tor browser.
Yes, I had cleared the cache. Just did it again but no improvement.

I have tried everything I can think of on 3 browsers in Windows and in Linux (different machines). Could it be account related?

old.sparkles Feb 1st 2023 7:12 am

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto (Post 13169532)
I got that message when I copied and pasted into Tor browser.
Yes, I had cleared the cache. Just did it again but no improvement.

I have tried everything I can think of on 3 browsers in Windows and in Linux (different machines). Could it be account related?

I don't think it's account related as too many are seeing similar impacts.

IB have been trying to fix a couple of bugs, and this may be a result of those actions. Hopefully it's just a temporary niggle :fingerscrossed:

wellinever Feb 1st 2023 7:58 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 13169786)

IB have been trying to fix a couple of bugs, and this may be a result of those actions. Hopefully it's just a temporary niggle :fingerscrossed:

Are you using a VPN???

rafikiphoto Feb 1st 2023 8:35 am

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13169796)
Are you using a VPN???

I do use a VPN but not in this case because VPNs don't work with BE.

kev1n Feb 1st 2023 10:17 am

I´m using a VPN reading this!

rafikiphoto Feb 1st 2023 10:27 am

Interesting. For the last few weeks I couldn't connect through my VPN, regardless of server location, but connected immediately after switching it off! That is separate from the problem I'm having with morning email links. Odd things happening around here. :blink:

rafikiphoto Feb 6th 2023 7:06 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 13169786)

Still a problem here with or without a VPN.

old.sparkles Feb 7th 2023 8:39 am

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto (Post 13170879)
Still a problem here with or without a VPN.

I've posted the issue in site feedback to highlight - https://britishexpats.com/forum/site.../#post13171126

Hopefully they will figure out where the issue is soon