Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Morning All, I'm new!! Any Advice on Moving to Estepona??

Morning All, I'm new!! Any Advice on Moving to Estepona??

Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

sarahandjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Morning All, I'm new!! Any Advice on Moving to Estepona??

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you regarding any other info you have on the schools.

It is such a hard thing to think about, my head is completely spinning all the time and we aren't even coming for the next year or so, think I need to chill out until we come in October for a big look around and then once our decision is final then start again. Just want to gather as much info now so we know what we are up against.

Thanks again Lucy. What is the weather like there today? Been raining here and is cold and windy, like winter again!! No wonder I feel down in the dumps today, just having "one of those days". As we all know what they are like, where ever we live!

Kind regards, have a good day.

Sarah
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Morning All, I'm new!! Any Advice on Moving to Estepona??

Originally Posted by sarahandjohn
Hi everybody,

My name is Sarah and along with my husband John and two daughters age nearly 2 and nearly 5 are hoping to move to Estepona within the next year of so. We love Estepona and have been a few times and are going back out at the end of October for a good look around again. We are hiring a car (for the first time) and have got an apartment instead of hotel so we can fend for ourselves a bit more.

My husband is in IT, Project Manager/Consultant and earns a good wage here in the UK. We are hoping to buy a house in the Estepona area and will have a budget of about £250,000.

John will be looking for a job and we were thinking of Gib as it looks like there are quite a few jobs there in IT/Manager. Does anybody have any advice regarding this.

My two daughters would be going to a Spanish school as we really want them to mingle with the local children and become "spanish" in the way of life and language.

We are all learning spanish at the moment and are going to hire a private tutor to help us more within the next 6 months once we have got to grip the basic words and phrases.

Any advice on moving to Spain with the children, schools in the area, jobs and anything else you can help us with would be wonderful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards.

Sarah
Went there last year unfortunately it wasn't for us too many Londoners that was boasting how much they had sold there ex-council property for, its the new Marbella down market!!! try further along the road Duquesa and the ports close to Portugal are much nicer and not as over built apart from the obvious one that has its own forum!! happy hunting wish you luck.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

jaldridge is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Manilva which is about 10 minutes from Estepona.

We really like Estepona, they done it up really well over the past couple of years. The town centre is nice with plenty of shops (especially if you like shoes!) and the "paseo maritimo" is great. We spend many evening strolling along there in the evenings when the weather is nice.

On the paseo there is also the larges most excellent childrens park we've ever seen. It does get very busy though.

There are lots of jobs in Gib. Not sure if can post the companies that promote them here but if you need any web addresses let me know. It's easier to get in and out of Gib now and the commute is about 25 - 30 minutes from Estepona.

Best of luck with it all.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaldridge
There are lots of jobs in Gib. Not sure if can post the companies that promote them here but if you need any web addresses let me know. It's easier to get in and out of Gib now and the commute is about 25 - 30 minutes from Estepona.

Best of luck with it all.
Do you by any chance know how far west towards Gib that the Ex-pat community streches please?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaldridge is an unknown quantity at this point

The ex-pat communities are all along the coast. Plenty of ex-pats in Estepona.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:26 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Morning All, I'm new!! Any Advice on Moving to Estepona??

Hi Sarah and John, and welcome to the forum!
It looks like you have already made a great start! Good luck to you!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahandjohn
Hi "Big John",

Thanks for all of your friendly input. We are so looking forward to coming out again in October. Got a 2 week holiday in Mexico in June so we can brush up on some Spanish whilst we are out there too.

I will be in touch and look forward to any other issues or advice you could help us with.

One thing that I would be really grateful for, do you happen to know the names of any of the Spanish Estepona Primary Schools? I have been on the internet looking but it seems to be the international ones that come up.

We are hoping to have a look around the schools in October.

Thanks again.

Sarah

try asking in this group mumsinspain it's pretty new but there are a few members in Estepona
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:04 am
Just Joined

sarahandjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks for all your great replies, just come on, been to Scarborough yesterday for the day with family, mum and dad have caravan there so we have a lovely day. Girls were running around the beach, we couldn't get them off. I just kept closing my eyes and wishing for the Med!

Anyway back to reality - yes Jaldridge it would be great if you could let me know any job agencies in Gib. Click my username for my e mail address . The e mail is for anybody with any useful information that maybe couldn't be posted on here.

Just about the go to Body Pump class at the gym, trying to get into shape now - blaming it on baby fat is a bit far fetched now as she is going to be 2 in July!!! Any good gyms, classes around Estepona area does any know.

Have a great day all. Weather cooler again today, over cast and windy. 10 degrees but will hopefully brighten up later!

Bye for now.

Sarah

Last edited by jdr; Apr 22nd 2007 at 8:36 am. Reason: Took address out to save you getting spam, contact can be made by clicking usernames..
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

madcow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm new to this too so bear with me.

I am also looking to move to estepona within the next twelve months and as part of my research I came across the following:- http://www.andalucia.com/spain/busin...t-agencies.htm

It lists lots of agencies, maybe one will suit better than another. Hope it helps.