Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

More Leaving Than Arriving?

More Leaving Than Arriving?

Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:33 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Leaving Than Arriving?

[QUOTE=lcortez;6515567]Mate,as a second generation immigrant,(Spanish parents) ,looking to return to Spain,I can only thank you for your common sense approach,and say your the sort we welcome in Spain!

As a 2nd generation Spaniard how can you bare to write spanish words without the Tilde (ñ)
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Keyboards not set up for it,was told how to do it,but forgot.I'm not partcularly computer literate

PS;By "bare", i take it you mean,"bear".
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

scottydan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lcortez
Inherited few places,in La Nucia & Benidorm from my parents,have one for my own use,gave the other two to my older sister!
Will be moving,(finally) around Christmass,and will be working as a self employed Locksmith!
Ah wicked. Where are you looking to move then? Oh I never asked where are you located now anyway?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Keyboards not set up for it,was told how to do it,but forgot.I'm not partcularly computer literate

PS;By "bare", i take it you mean,"bear".

I didnt have it on mine either until I foromatted my computer and put Spanish XP Windows on it. Now EVERYTHING is in Spanish. and my -> : <- has now automatically become a 'ñ'.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottydan
Ah wicked. Where are you looking to move then? Oh I never asked where are you located now anyway?
London,desgraciamente,but do most things in Kent,as cant stand the place
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:08 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scottydan
I am moving to Fuerteventura with my best friend within the next year.

I thin many people move there not knowing a thing on what to do. Then all there savings quickly go and they have no work.

All mainly cus theycouldn't be bothered ot take time with it.

me and my friend are currently learning Spanish and will NOT move until we can speak fluent Spanish. Also then when we arrive we will be having accent training to enhance our language.

We are NOT moving there to communicate in mainly English with other English people who have moved. We are moving to become a part of the true Spanish way of living.

If people can't integrate because they can't be arsed to learn the language. If they think it's all going to be fun and games and sun. Then get them out of Spain. As I heared already in this thread.... "it's no big loss"!

Don't be deterred. Look at the hundreds of Eastern Europeans who have arrived in Britain in the last few years. I work at a venue where I get a chance to speak to many of them, mainly doing jobs in catering for which they are overqualified. Most of them arrived speaking no English whatsoever and within a short space of time were fluent in spoken English.
People need to remember that even among the indigenous British population vast numbers of people speak English that is far from correct in terms of grammar and vocabulary. Try translating some of the phrases, which have crept in from America and which are in common use, to a foreigner. One in particular I detest is ' I am so over him/her /it'
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:32 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me started on the vast numbers of English that can't even speak their own language properly!

I should start the apostrophe protection society.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

To OP,bear in mind wages are f****ng c**P in Spain,see min wage thread for a heads up!The fig's are staggering
How about saving a bit more and buy an internet franchise?Seem to remember someone on here said they knew some one who had an internet based travel agcy.Great idea earn Brit rate's in pound's
You'd also be set up before you get there
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:11 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Same age as me,mate,turned 20 on 8th June
Where are you thinking of living?
I am confused now, didn't you once post that you were in your thirties and your wife was a Teacher?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I am confused now, didn't you once post that you were in your thirties and your wife was a Teacher?

30 year old with a wife who is a teacher. Or a 20 year old from England... who cares. Still made me feel welcome to the site.

not like others who have tried to have way with me like a school child would mes around a temporary teacher!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackytoo
No. At no point posted that,your reading is clearly as bad as your spelling!
Or are you indulging in that time honoured BE tradition of spreading negativity,and misery?
Perhaps you are just trying to rubbish me because I did'nt join the usual game of shooting down a new posters' plans and telling them how it couldnt be done,and it will all end in failure!

Frankly,I'm done with this site,and the sad loser's that use it.There are some people in life that are capable of achieving something,not everyone is a failure!
Maybe if the rest of you showed an interest in learning the language,and intergrating into Spanish culture,or perhaps doing some basic research before coming on here talking crap about wages etc,like the OP or the few like him,you wouldnt be regarded as scum by the indigenous Spanish!
Ever wondered why it takes longer for services to delivered for a Brit than anyone else,or why you have to pay more!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Or are you indulging in that time honoured BE tradition of spreading negativity,and misery?
Perhaps you are just trying to rubbish me because I did'nt join the usual game of shooting down a new posters' plans and telling them how it couldnt be done,and it will all end in failure!

Frankly,I'm done with this site,and the sad loser's that use it.There are some people in life that are capable of achieving something,not everyone is a failure!
Maybe if the rest of you showed an interest in learning the language,and intergrating into Spanish culture,or perhaps doing some basic research before coming on here talking crap about wages etc,like the OP or the few like him,you wouldnt be regarded as scum by the indigenous Spanish!
Ever wondered why it takes longer for services to delivered for a Brit than anyone else,or why you have to pay more!

Nice work in the forum. So right. I may be British myself but I agree with everything you said. Brits r welll I won't lower myself.

So your leaving the site?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Little bit of irony in your post I think, lol.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
Banned

Your posts are there for all to see I thought my mind wasn't playing tricks. You said you have a wife who is a Teacher so now you deny posting it.Your first post began "mi llamo" a beginners mistake that someone who had Spanish parents would never make. You also said you have inherited property from your parents but in another post your Mother seems to be alive

You also said on the USA forum 2/2/07 "I have a criminal record from when I was 17 (20) years ago)

If you are 20 you seem to know a lot about Spain. You have probably spent much less time there than most of the people on this forum, probably a package holiday in benidorm. Billy Liar has nothing on you...one piece of advise, Liars/fantasizers need good memories. Come to think of it I would like to be 20 again.

Last edited by jackytoo; Jun 30th 2008 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope ..... never wondered that as it actually doesn't happen to me, as with most people I know. I have a very good relationship with the Spaniards around here I deal with, maybe because I dont have a holier than thou attitude like some

Thanks for your opinions though, good luck on the new forum you go to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.