British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   moped in spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/moped-spain-911345/)

euancockburn Apr 5th 2018 5:21 pm

moped in spain

Im 15 and just recently moved to spain, my parents bought me a 50cc moped and I’m wondering how I would get about making it so I can ride it legally?

Rosemary Apr 5th 2018 5:56 pm

Re: moped in spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

missile Apr 5th 2018 9:26 pm

Minimum age is lower than in UK. At 15 you can drive up to 50cc. You would need to sit a test. Visit your nearest Autoescuela and ask for advice.

Kevo11 Apr 8th 2018 11:47 am

This subject interests me too. I'm 52, don't drive any vehicle in UK but would like a moped or small scooter when I move this year. What's my best bet? Same as the op?

Thanks.

missile Apr 8th 2018 12:41 pm

Yes, you would have to pass the driving test. You would not be restricted to 50cc. Some schools will provide a vehicle for the test.

Kevo11 Apr 8th 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by missile (Post 12477918)
Yes, you would have to pass the driving test. You would not be restricted to 50cc. Some schools will provide a vehicle for the test.

Thank you.

Kevo11 Apr 8th 2018 12:49 pm

Looks like it will be easier to learn in the UK!!

snikpoh Apr 8th 2018 2:19 pm

All depends what test you sit. If you sit the AM test, then that's all you can ride - a 50cc scooter. Remember there are two AM licences, one with gears and one not.

If you pass your car driving test, then you can ride up to 125cc bikes.

Fred James Apr 8th 2018 4:13 pm

But only after you have held a car licence for 3 years.