Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Monte francisco Update.

Monte francisco Update.

Old Nov 21st 2014, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Monte francisco Update.

WE were over for the first half of November, primarily to get some jobs done. I remembered jon-bxi doing an explanation on the restos in M Francisco perhaps last year. We decided to take a chance and give it a go. Ended up at Lupis resto on two nights whilst there. Luis, the owner is a very good host and appreciates the custom. House wine was surprisingly good quality and cheap - 3.50 euros for half litre. My grilled bream was as good as anywhere and on the second time the portuguese style steaks were super succulent - if a little rare. Presentation good. We couldn't really fault the place and immaculately clean. We will be returning next time. I know several others who have said they drove around the village and didn't have the courage to go in anywhere. I say have courage, its a lot better than many other more tourist orientated restos we've tried and its a lot closer than driving to VRSA or Punto moral for esuri residents. Being limited to the GC and 19th hola its worth the trip over the bridge.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 9:16 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Monte francisco Update.

Well said KeithBT, Lupis is always on our list when at home in Costa Esuri.. Sunday Lunch is very good value for money too. We are over for New Year, will we have the opportunity to send you a wave from the balcony in January?
Old Nov 24th 2014, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Monte francisco Update.

Hi Sandra, Regret we will not be there for festive season. Too much going on at home with family, plus it would mean flying from LGW as Ryanair flights from Bournemouth are finished until 1st April next year. We had to fly home on Norwegian air to LGW and what a disaster. Crew were rubbish in loading the plane. People with rear seats got on at the front and vice versa. Total c*ck -up.We missed our slot and departed one hour late. Never again. Whatever people say about Ryanair and their short comings sometimes, they ARE efficiient in getting everyone and their luggage on Quickly. They know only 80 small cases will fit in the racks. Not so Norwegian air. They let everyone take them on and when the racks are full, you have to off-load them again. We will be out before 1st April, possible via Southampton, but we don't rate Flybe much either!!!! Enjoy new year - keith