Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Money transfers to Spain

Money transfers to Spain

Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Money transfers to Spain

HI ,I was just wondering what companys most people use for this.?
As there are so many companies out there offering their services How do you choose.

Last edited by DENISE WALTERS; Jul 31st 2009 at 10:05 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:12 am
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Money transfers to Spain

We often use HIFX and find them helpful and efficient

http://www.hifx.co.uk
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:29 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

We use WorldFirst who are excellent and don't charge commission. We have used MoneyCorp but they send money via banks who do charge (en route).
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:39 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
HI ,I was just wondering what companys most people use for this.?
As there are so many companies out there offering their services How do you choose.
We use HIFX and they have given us good service. On the one occasion the handling bank charged us HIFX refunded staight away.

I also use their corporate exchange office nearly every week in my work capacity and find they give excellent, reliable efficient service.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

we used Currencies Direct, had no problems at all.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

i always use rationalfx i have compared rates in the past with all the above companies and they have always come in with a better rate. there is no right or wrong way of choosing one company over the other, the way I would do it is by registering with a couple of companies as this is generally free to do and play them off against each other. this way you know you are getting the best rate. I have used the same dealer for a long time and he always keeps me informed of the markets. if you want his details feel free to pm me. couldnt recommend them higher.

best of luck!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:12 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

We have found UKFOREX OR OZFOREX the best, if you go onto the website you will see the rate you actually get, not the interbank rate that is usually shown on other web sites, and when you contact them by phone they tell you the rate you can get which is always a lot less favourable.
With the company I have mentioned you get it all up front.
What you can do is register with UKforex get a quote on line, then call others and see if they can offer you any better deals, but at least you will have a concrete figure to work from, not some interbank rate.
You can get quotes anytime and as many as you like as there is no phonecall involved (they call you if you press the "proceed button".
Watch the news when a big announcement is coming and watch the changes in real time.
Open a word document and paste the quotes, then you will have a record.

I dont know if I would be allowed to post a few on here, or if it is against the rules of the site. If anyone can inform me, please do so.

Regards,

JLFS
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

now more confused than ever
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
now more confused than ever
Ask your bank, we got a better and quicker deal than with any money movers.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:34 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Currencies Direct for me and never had a problem, always v helpful on the phone and quick with emails, transfers etc.

Originally Posted by jdr
And avoided any receiving bank charges? Well done!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Currencies Direct for me and never had a problem, always v helpful on the phone and quick with emails, transfers etc.

And avoided any receiving bank charges? Well done!
Lloyds to Bancopopular no receiving charges. ;-))
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Money transfers to Spain

Originally Posted by jdr
We have just started to use Ratioanal FX we also have accounts with Caxton Moneycorp and HiFX but just now RX have given the best rates. Here is the amazing bit I bought some currency at 11.00 last Tusday morning and it was cleared ready for use in our bank in Spain at 14.00 Tuesday afternoon. HiFX are pretty quick too but not as good as this.

PS. No receiving charges either.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 3rd 2009 at 10:52 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

Beware of the wire siphoning scam. Most FX brokers have a trick to charge you their bank fees w/out your knowledge or consent. Here's an article on how it works:

http://money.wikia.com/wiki/Legal_scam:_Wire_Siphoning
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:26 am
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

It depends upon how much money you need to transfer!
If it is a large amount needed in one lump sum, then an money transfer service is what you need.
If it is a large sum, and you can access it over a few days/weeks, or if it is just for everyday living expenses, I would use Nationwide.co.uk
They do not charge for credit card or debit card transactions in the E.U. They also do not charge for withdrwing your money from ATMs.
They give you the Visa Corporate rate on all transactions, which is always higher than all other brokers/banks.
i have been using their flex account for a number of years now, it must have saved me a fortune!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jgombos
Beware of the wire siphoning scam. Most FX brokers have a trick to charge you their bank fees w/out your knowledge or consent. Here's an article on how it works:

http://money.wikia.com/wiki/Legal_scam:_Wire_Siphoning
I think if you look at that article it is more to do with brokers for speculatnig on currency, ie spreadbetting companies rather than brokers who trade for deliverable currency

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.