mojaca dead

Old May 11th 2010, 2:45 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice
Default mojaca dead

have just come back from almeria went down to mojaca to do some shopping
every were was dead .never seen it that quiet went out for a meal at around9.30 at night restaurant had 2 tables full usually really busy i felt realy sad for the small shops and bars how long can they carry on.
Old May 11th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mojaca dead

Hi Helen - it's spelt Mojácar.
It is a bit quiet at the moment, too many traffic cops at night doesn't help a place known principally for its bars (we have one for every ten residents). Just one person who is a teetotaler, we say, and the whole place goes bust.
Our town is quite pretty, and once you have parked, you can wander around to your heart's content. The views are stunning. It's a white cubist pueblo on top of a hill overlooking the Mediterranean.
Down below, we have about ten kilometres of increasingly built-up beach-front with a Parador Hotel, lots of bars and restaurants and the usual 'tourist-tat shops' (we locals have to go to nearby Vera to buy proper things much beyond food).
In the summer, thanks to poor planning (our brightest don't stay in politics for longer than they must), the single road along the playa gets so full of traffic that we have gridlock. You probably did better coming now.
Old May 11th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
It is a bit quiet at the moment, too many traffic cops at night doesn't help a place known principally for its bars (we have one for every ten residents). Just one person who is a teetotaler, we say, and the whole place goes bust.
Our town is quite pretty, and once you have parked, you can wander around to your heart's content. The views are stunning. It's a white cubist pueblo on top of a hill overlooking the Mediterranean.
Down below, we have about ten kilometres of increasingly built-up beach-front with a Parador Hotel, lots of bars and restaurants and the usual 'tourist-tat shops' (we locals have to go to nearby Vera to buy proper things much beyond food).
In the summer, thanks to poor planning (our brightest don't stay in politics for longer than they must), the single road along the playa gets so full of traffic that we have gridlock. You probably did better coming now.
Sorry I thought someone called mojaca had died.
Old May 11th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lenox
a couple of kms up the coast and you come to garrucha,where I lived for six years. not dependant on the tourist,garrucha has still retained its spanish charm and hasn't sold out like mojacar has.
the beach,bars and restaurants on the front are of the highest quality,though a tadge expensive. the friday market is one of the best around. as for the brightest not staying in politics for longer than they have to, I reckon they get out when their bank accounts are reasonably full.
Old May 11th 2010, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
a couple of kms up the coast and you come to garrucha,
I have very good memories of Garucha from 1980, the friendliness of the people and their willingness to help a poor sailor
Old May 11th 2010, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I have very good memories of Garucha from 1980, the friendliness of the people and their willingness to help a poor sailor
now then fred,you weren't that poor sailor I helped out with a twenty peseta loan in 1981 in Bar Fany,on calle major? Seeing as how I have fallen on hard times,I would appreciate it being repaid...I thank yew....
Old May 11th 2010, 11:14 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

now then fred,you weren't that poor sailor I helped out with a twenty peseta loan in 1981 in Bar Fany,on calle major? Seeing as how I have fallen on hard times,I would appreciate it being repaid...I thank yew....
Yes,and apparently one or two Fred look-alikes wandering around there too......sailor.
Looks like Freds chickens are coming home to roost.
Be sure your sins will find you out.
Old May 11th 2010, 11:18 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Sorry I thought someone called mojaca had died.
Was wondering that myself,...thinking, is there some famous Spanish pop star called Mojaca I've never heard of before,...so curiosity got the better of me.
Old May 12th 2010, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't a 20 pts loan.

It was the free use of a workshop and all the tools to manufacture a replacement oilcooler end cap.

I went in and asked the boss if he could make the part for me and he shook his head and said no. I pointed out that he had all the tools for the job. His reply was, can you use them? I said I could and he replied get on with it then.
So after a full days work I walked out with the new part having paid 6 pesetas for two welding rods I had used. The lathe and drill press I had used were not charged for, the rest of the materials were freely given by a metal working business nearby.
Old May 12th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes,and apparently one or two Fred look-alikes wandering around there too......sailor.
Looks like Freds chickens are coming home to roost.
Be sure your sins will find you out.
er,Dick,surely you are not THAT Dick who used to lurk in corners,dark corners,and lure sailors in with his devilish grin and the immortal come-on "come one,come all,Dick is here???". If so,YOU owe me 20 psts.....I thank yew...
Old May 12th 2010, 4:07 pm
On the road again.

er,Dick,surely you are not THAT Dick who used to lurk in corners,dark corners,and lure sailors in with his devilish grin and the immortal come-on "come one,come all,Dick is here???". If so,YOU owe me 20 psts.....I thank yew...
Er no,...Sorry my dear,
Seems you've grabbed hold of the wrong Dick.
Old May 12th 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Er no,...Sorry my dear,
Seems you've grabbed hold of the wrong Dick.
story of my life it seems. sorry for the mistake Dick.