Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mobile telephone shop

Mobile telephone shop

Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile telephone shop

Hi
When I next visit my little piece of paradise, I want to buy a pay as you go mobile to use whilst in Spain.

I am Based in Fuengirola, can anyone recommend a shop that offers good deals and advice in this area.

Plus is there a recognized leader in pay as you go in Spain.

Regards
Al
Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:22 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile telephone shop

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi
When I next visit my little piece of paradise, I want to buy a pay as you go mobile to use whilst in Spain.

I am Based in Fuengirola, can anyone recommend a shop that offers good deals and advice in this area.

Plus is there a recognized leader in pay as you go in Spain.

Regards
Al
The 'recognised' leader has to be Movistar. But there is also Orange, Vodafone, Yoigo etc. etc.

Most towns will have at least one of these on their High Street.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget many of the larger supermarkets Eroski carfour etc do good simple PAYG Sims especially if you take an unlocked phone with you. I use an Ersoki sim for phones very simple cheap to run can top up in store or on line works fine for me and operates on Vodafone Network just cheaper.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply, I never thought about taking a hand set with me!

Is Vodafone the best value service?

Regards
Al

Maybe a trip to Bury market for a 2nd hand cheapie is on the cards
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I think for best value you have to look around, of course depends on the area you are in as to how good the signal is. For PAYG though you will probably get a cheaper tariff by using say Eroski (who use vodafone) or Carfour (who use Orange) with the same service as if you went direct to the service provider just cheaper calls. I can only comment myself on Eroski for PAYG quite cheap calls also if visiting regularly easy to keep going as credit lasts 6 months with a further 3 months after that when you can still receive calls before they would cut it off. I usually put 5/10 euros on whenever I visit and never had any problems. As I say you can top up in store at Eroski or on line, I even did it via laptop from UK once when I had left it a bit long, very easy to use system for me. As for phones try EBay just search on unlocked they will be much cheaper or if going for Eroski you would get away with a phone locked to Vodafone (orange if going for Carfour).
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Thank you for your reply, I never thought about taking a hand set with me!

Is Vodafone the best value service?

Regards
Al

Maybe a trip to Bury market for a 2nd hand cheapie is on the cards
Just make sure it's unlocked and open to any network which will then give you the choice of any provider in Spain
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by malagaman
Just make sure it's unlocked and open to any network which will then give you the choice of any provider in Spain
Yes I would agree that unlocked is the best way gives you full choice of provider both now and in the future, as I say loads on e bay