Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mobile phones & Bluetooth earpiece in Spain

Mobile phones & Bluetooth earpiece in Spain

Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:30 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile phones & Bluetooth earpiece in Spain

If we take our UK mobile phones to Spain when we live there and put in a Movistar or similar sim card, does anyone know if the blue tooth ear piece (cordless) will work?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Mobile phones & Bluetooth earpiece in Spain

Hi Gill,

YES! The link is between the phone and earpeice not the sim but Spanish rules on radio frequency may be different to UK so you would have to check that. How anyone would know you had a UK frequency set up is beyond me. You will be OK.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
If we take our UK mobile phones to Spain when we live there and put in a Movistar or similar sim card, does anyone know if the blue tooth ear piece (cordless) will work?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mobile phones & Bluetooth earpiece in Spain

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Gill,

YES! The link is between the phone and earpeice not the sim but Spanish rules on radio frequency may be different to UK so you would have to check that. How anyone would know you had a UK frequency set up is beyond me. You will be OK.

Regards,

John.
My wife bought a bluetooth SIM FREE phone in the UK with earpice and it works fine here, if you have a contract phone you will have the extra expence of international calls you may already know this you must however realise that using a moblie phone while driving is an offence here the same as in the UK.

You can get "On the Spot fines" which can be from a mear 20 euros upwards to a thousand euros, my friend was fined 90 euros for not wearing a seat belt...