Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mobile phone coverage CDS

Mobile phone coverage CDS

Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

robbo2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile phone coverage CDS

Hi All,Can anyone let me know whats the best mobile network that covers Fuengirola,Benalmadena areas......
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile phone coverage CDS

Originally Posted by robbo2007
Hi All,Can anyone let me know whats the best mobile network that covers Fuengirola,Benalmadena areas......
I was on Movistar, but changed to Vodafone and I think its better, they do a talk for 60 mins pay for 1 min to landlines and other Vodafones.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for info,Looking to use Pay as you Go,So will give Vodaphone a try....
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbo2007
Telefonica has the best coverage throughout Spain (Movistar), you can see the coverage here from the main suppliers:
http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_es.shtml

Press on the Coverage map for each provider.

For the exact areas you mention I would guess six of one and half a dozen of the other... although in saying that I have been in places on the CDS where people can talk with Vodaphone or Orange and I have problems on Movistar, but the same has happened in a vice versa situation although I am talking in some remote places.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Econ. Was in CDS in January and my O2 phone was roaming on Movistar network,Good coverage in Fuengirola but poor coverage in parts of Benalmadena.Coming back over in April for 3 months work,so will buy Vodaphone sim and see how that goes...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

AndyMan is on a distinguished road

Just remember that if you want ot buy a sim or PAYG phone now you need to take your passport with you .. I got a good deal with Voda from the shop in 24hr square in Benalmadena, paid 30 euro for the sim and got 30 euro of credit on it plus the first top up is doubled ....
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info,Thats Andy to know