Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mitzy's back!!!!

Mitzy's back!!!!

Old May 12th 2008, 6:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitzy's back!!!!

Originally Posted by leighbloke
An interesting read but personally I felt it was too focused on pre-Linnean taxonomy?
Ah but that's the beauty of the book, it challenges Linnaeus as the true father of nomenclature and Taxonomy.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ah but that's the beauty of the book, it challenges Linnaeus as the true father of nomenclature and Taxonomy.
But the hierarchial naming structure he developed (genus, species) has been adopted across many things. We even refer to cars that way - Hyundai Copen, not Copen out of Hyundai.
It's like saying just cos Newton was only the guy that bothered to record and investigate gravity he should be ignored as it was there already.
Thats where the genius comes in - they didn't necessarily "invent" anything but identified and applied rules to that that already existed and had just been taken for granted?
Old May 13th 2008, 4:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
But the hierarchial naming structure he developed (genus, species) has been adopted across many things. We even refer to cars that way - Hyundai Copen, not Copen out of Hyundai.
It's like saying just cos Newton was only the guy that bothered to record and investigate gravity he should be ignored as it was there already.
Thats where the genius comes in - they didn't necessarily "invent" anything but identified and applied rules to that that already existed and had just been taken for granted?
But the system was already in place for over a hundred years before he came along, all he did was market it better than everyone else (he was a brilliant self publicist) and force his will behind it.

oh and its the Daihatsu Copen numbnuts.
Old May 13th 2008, 4:56 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

But the system was already in place for over a hundred years before he came along, all he did was market it better than everyone else (he was a brilliant self publicist) and force his will behind it.

oh and its the Daihatsu Copen numbnuts.
Hey Matt........been doing a bit of reading myself this afternoon, but not that book if you know what I mean!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:00 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Hey Matt........been doing a bit of reading myself this afternoon, but not that book if you know what I mean!
are you telling me that you have been masturbating this afternoon?

If so, may I suggest that not only do you get a job, but also maybe Msn me that kind of information!!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:01 am

are you telling me that you have been masturbating this afternoon?

If so, may I suggest that not only do you get a job, but also maybe Msn me that kind of information!!
No.........Ive been reading a full page spread!
Straw Man.

No.........Ive been reading a full page spread!
Is it out??

Is it out??
Yep!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:02 am
Straw Man.

Yep!
and?

What do you think?

Honestly.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:03 am

and?

What do you think?

Honestly.
Honestly?

Its the dogs!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:03 am
Straw Man.

Honestly?

Its the dogs!
I love you so much!

Starting a series on the next one.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:05 am

I love you so much!

Starting a series on the next one.
Its too big to scan otherwise I would email it to you!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:05 am
Straw Man.

Its too big to scan otherwise I would email it to you!
I will get Welshie to send me a copy..........

How is it signed off?
Old May 13th 2008, 5:07 am

I will get Welshie to send me a copy..........

How is it signed off?
Love nobber!
Old May 13th 2008, 5:08 am
Straw Man.

Love nobber!
now that would be funny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.