Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mitzyboy on the road - Granada, Huescar & the Cave Houses

Mitzyboy on the road - Granada, Huescar & the Cave Houses

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mitzyboy on the road - Granada, Huescar & the Cave Houses

Visited Huescar to see some people I had got to know on another forum over the last year or so. Drove down past Murcia, Lorca on to Cullar and up to Huescar. The drive is really fantastic with some beautiful scenery (even from the motorway). Took three and a half hours.

Huescar itself is a little off the beaten track, or so it seems. Nice little Spanish town, and again in beautiful scenery.

We stayed in a cave house and I would absolutley recommend it to anyone. Whilst it was so hot outside, you could walk through the front door and it was almost as if the air con was on! I don't know what your impression of cave houses is, but have a look at the pictures below. This was a rental, but the prices for purchase are ridiculously cheap!

We went on to Granada also for a day which was an hour and a half further. Visited the Alhambra again, since the last time I went there was the late 70's!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitzyboy on the road - Granada, Huescar & the Cave Houses

great pics, looks reallly nice.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

I know you've just arrived back - welcome home! And you've probably got millions of things to do, but I'm dying to hear about your trip to Granada! Info soon, PLEASE!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:53 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

WOW!! what brill pics, so come on tell all about your trip, sounds really brill. And to see blue sky.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Visited Huescar to see some people I had got to know on another forum over the last year or so. Drove down past Murcia, Lorca on to Cullar and up to Huescar. The drive is really fantastic with some beautiful scenery (even from the motorway). Took three and a half hours.

Huescar itself is a little off the beaten track, or so it seems. Nice little Spanish town, and again in beautiful scenery.

We stayed in a cave house and I would absolutley recommend it to anyone. Whilst it was so hot outside, you could walk through the front door and it was almost as if the air con was on! I don't know what your impression of cave houses is, but have a look at the pictures below. This was a rental, but the prices for purchase are ridiculously cheap!

We went on to Granada also for a day which was an hour and a half further. Visited the Alhambra again, since the last time I went there was the late 70's!

http://<a href="http://i41.photobuck.../Cave7.jpg</a>

http://<a href="http://i41.photobuck.../Cave4.jpg</a>

http://<a href="http://i41.photobuck.../Cave3.jpg</a>

http://<a href="http://i41.photobuck.../Cave2.jpg</a>

http://<a href="http://i41.photobuck.../Cave1.jpg</a>

Welcome back Mity, I bet JF will have something to say about the cave!!

Looks really nice mate.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fantastic, always wanted to stay in a cave house, so cool. Love to have the details of where you rented from if that is not too much trouble. We have promised ourselves some time off from the work on our house and that looks like an excellent idea.

Not been to that area at all so would all be very new to both of us.

Glad you had a good time.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kyla
I know you've just arrived back - welcome home! And you've probably got millions of things to do, but I'm dying to hear about your trip to Granada! Info soon, PLEASE!
Would you like some pictures
We didn't get a chance to go to Granada itself, but have decided to go back to the cave houses again in the future so will do that then. We spent the whole day at the Alhambra .... I just love the place but wish all the tourists would b@gger off and leave me on my own. I do fear that they are trying to re build certain parts of it in the same style but with modern materials. Some of it looks ... well ... just a bit like it was built last month! The ticket was 10 euros for the day (although the car park was 7.50) which was good value.

You get a good view of Granada from the Alhambra and it looks a fascinating place. Lots of narrow streets and squares from what I could see. An attractive bullring (whoops) and a whopping big church. I saw one of the houses they featured on your place in the sun, a cave house facing the alhambra by the city walls.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Looks fantastic, always wanted to stay in a cave house, so cool. Love to have the details of where you rented from if that is not too much trouble.

Rosemary

I'll pm you
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'll pm you
I think you are ignoring me ya know!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;4957899]Would you like some pictures

Yes please, more pictures! The cave house looks amazing! What a shame you didn't have a chance to explore Granada - it's a fantastic city. Not that I'm biased, but it is going to be my home soon! My OH and I visited Alhambra in December - the weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold and hardly any tourists! The view of Granada from the Alhambra is stunning. I have some pictures somewhere, I'll have a look for them later...
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:40 pm
Senior Moment

These are untouched by photoshop, so hot off the press!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Straw Man.

I never tire of seeing pictures of that place.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I never tire of seeing pictures of that place.

Can you do gardens like that
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:34 pm
Straw Man.

Can you do gardens like that
easily, Middle Eastern gardens are my specialty, given my heritage, its all I can do to design and build something without the influence.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic pictures. How hot was it when you were there, was it hotter or cooler than where you live in Oliva? How long do you wish you had stayed in order to see the area properly?

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:43 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Fantastic pictures. How hot was it when you were there, was it hotter or cooler than where you live in Oliva? How long do you wish you had stayed in order to see the area properly?

Rosemary
I always thought that inland would be hotter. But in reality although it was quite warm in the day, I don't think it was as hot as here. The evenings / nights were cooler. I sat out last night outside the cave with a beer at 11-12 and it was just pleasant. In bed I needed a blanket just to keep me warm but here we re using thin sheets and keeping the fan on all night

I think a week would have been nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.