British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   MISSING / LOST CAT (Javea, North Costa Blanca) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/missing-lost-cat-javea-north-costa-blanca-732705/)

Missdenise Sep 17th 2011 12:07 pm

MISSING / LOST CAT (Javea, North Costa Blanca)

2 Attachment(s)
Missing from Javea, Alicante (North Costa Blanca). Last seen late evening 14th September. His name is Charlie and although he was originally a stray cat he has been a welcomed addition to our family for over 4 years now. He has a slight limp as when we found him his leg was broken. It is not like him to wander off as he likes his food too much. We miss him alot and any information of his wearabouts would be very much appreciated. I have attached 2 pictures of him, he is a grey, black and tan tabby. Many Thanks.

debandsie Sep 17th 2011 12:16 pm

Re: MISSING / LOST CAT (Javea, North Costa Blanca)

Originally Posted by Missdenise (Post 9626934)
Missing from Javea, Alicante (North Costa Blanca). Last seen late evening 14th September. His name is Charlie and although he was originally a stray cat he has been a welcomed addition to our family for over 4 years now. He has a slight limp as when we found him his leg was broken. It is not like him to wander off as he likes his food too much. We miss him alot and any information of his wearabouts would be very much appreciated. I have attached 2 pictures of him, he is a grey, black and tan tabby. Many Thanks.

In which area in Javea is Charlie missing from. Hope you are reunited soon. Many thanks.

Missdenise Sep 17th 2011 12:21 pm

The area is between Javea and Benitachell, not far from Inn On The Green bowls club. We do not live on the main road, it's a cul de sac so he'd have to walk a few streets away to get to the road, but I don't think he would do that!

Rosemary Sep 17th 2011 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Missdenise (Post 9626967)
The area is between Javea and Benitachell, not far from Inn On The Green bowls club. We do not live on the main road, it's a cul de sac so he'd have to walk a few streets away to get to the road, but I don't think he would do that!

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham

busters mum Sep 17th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Missdenise (Post 9626967)

I have been up and down that road 4 times today and no sign, going that way again tomorrow, will keep a look out :thumbsup:

paintermujer Sep 17th 2011 2:52 pm

Cant help but I really hope you find him.

Looks so like one of our cats called Javi.Shes from Javea too.

Let us know what happens.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscr ossed:

Missdenise Sep 17th 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks for your kind comments so far, we all really hope he is found safe and well. Apart from posting on this forum and putting up some posters near where we live, we have also put posters in a couple of vets and I'm going to phone some others today, just in case anyone might have brought him in. My dad and I went out yesterday and called him a few times and my dad before that. I don't think there's anything else that can be done, apart from keep calling him. Unfortunately in Spain there aren't any websites regarding missing pets, but I am pleased to find this one, where at least I know some people are living in and around Javea. I will keep you posted on what happens. Thanks again.

fionamw Sep 18th 2011 8:14 am

I guess all cats are different, but the one time my Lenny (Siamese) went missing it was some four days or so before he was finally located, at the house before one he'd lived at. But we're in the countryside and he's a ratter at heart so although I was beside myself, it was kind of normal behaviour. Even though you say he doesn't normally wander off, I hope this might apply in Charlie's case.
Fingers firmly crossed, you must be very worried and all the understanding posts in the world won't help.

Missdenise Sep 27th 2011 1:06 pm

Just an update on Charlie. Unfortunately...he is still missing, after almost 2 weeks. I just wanted to update anyone who might be wondering. Anyone who lives between Javea and Benitachell (between Bacchus Restaurant and Bowls Club), please help us find him. We are going out of our minds not knowing what has happened to him. We have searched high and low, put posters up and phoned vets etc. He may be injured or locked in somewhere or wondered a little further than usual. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

lynnxa Sep 27th 2011 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Missdenise (Post 9644136)
Just an update on Charlie. Unfortunately...he is still missing, after almost 2 weeks. I just wanted to update anyone who might be wondering. Anyone who lives between Javea and Benitachell (between Bacchus Restaurant and Bowls Club), please help us find him. We are going out of our minds not knowing what has happened to him. We have searched high and low, put posters up and phoned vets etc. He may be injured or locked in somewhere or wondered a little further than usual. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

have you put it on the local FaceBook group Javea Connect?

I can invite you if you're not a member

paintermujer Sep 27th 2011 5:29 pm

Im so sorry.

busters mum Sep 27th 2011 6:27 pm

I use that road every day and slow down and have a good look, but so far no joy, i'll keep looking xxx

fionamw Sep 27th 2011 6:50 pm

Not good news. Not much one can say really. Just :(

And fingers crossed, of course.

megmet Sep 28th 2011 12:49 am

Have you thought of putting posters further afield, it's possible Charlie could have ended up in the back of a delivery van or similar.

Hope you find him soon. xx

Missdenise Sep 28th 2011 8:47 am

Thanks to the people who are looking out for Charlie, it means so much. I have just joined Javea Connect and I will post a description and pictures of Charlie on there today. At the moment we have only put posters not far from where we live but I will put some up further away just in case. I can't explain the grief of having a pet go missing, but when they are like a part of your family, like Charlie is to us, maybe you can imagine. For others out there, like us, going through the same thing I totally feel for you, it hurts like hell, i know.