Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Missing Diamonds

Missing Diamonds

Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:02 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Diamonds

Originally Posted by Duchess
A genuine Rolex has an individual serial number relating to that watch, you are also issued with a certificate. This is registered in your name, so would be difficult
yes but he kept the real one and put in a false one.he has the documentation and the real one.but show me the proof to what one he put in.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Duchess is an unknown quantity at this point

Why any sane person would give a jeweller the watch which has the serial number on it and the certificate ?

Fakes may have a serial number but yours would be unique to your watch.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
yes but he kept the real one and put in a false one.he has the documentation and the real one.but show me the proof to what one he put in.
Any authorised dealer would spot a fake in seconds ,one clue is the way the second hand sweeps, mechanical or electric ,
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:09 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Any authorised dealer would spot a fake in seconds ,one clue is the way the second hand sweeps, mechanical or electric ,
Lots of Rolex fakes have sweep second hands.
I`ve had one for about 15 years. Its still going strong.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:05 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Lots of Rolex fakes have sweep second hands.
I`ve had one for about 15 years. Its still going strong.
ok whats the differance between a fake or a clone.a clone is what it says,you would not know the differance.and also you can have a cheapo rolex.and go to turkey and buy a copy rolex solid gold for a couple of grand,get them to put in your rolex workings and now you have a solid gold rolex and you couldnt tell the diferance.exept for what it cost you.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:59 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

ok whats the differance between a fake or a clone.a clone is what it says,you would not know the differance.and also you can have a cheapo rolex.and go to turkey and buy a copy rolex solid gold for a couple of grand,get them to put in your rolex workings and now you have a solid gold rolex and you couldnt tell the diferance.exept for what it cost you.
I am not much into them and probably would never know the difference.
Mine is just a cheapo I picked up in Turkey but it looks the biz.and is much less of a worry, than wandering the streets with a few thousand quid on the wrist.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:37 pm
Banned

I am not much into them and probably would never know the difference.
Mine is just a cheapo I picked up in Turkey but it looks the biz.and is much less of a worry, than wandering the streets with a few thousand quid on the wrist.
wise decision.like when we used to go on our travels in the truck to some shady places and have a good piss up.you would have the wallet stuffed with dosh that was worth about 1 pound in uk money.turkish.bulgarian.yugo.ect and some points cards that look like credit cards.so if you got mugged at knife point they would think they had a big hit but they would be getting about 2 quid.1 pound for the currency and a 1 pound plastic wallet.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we buy the real thing because it makes us feel good ,wearing a fake to impress others would make me feel like a fake ,I`d rather go without than wear knock-off and when funds allow buy the real thing,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:07 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Rotor
I guess we buy the real thing because it makes us feel good ,wearing a fake to impress others would make me feel like a fake ,I`d rather go without than wear knock-off and when funds allow buy the real thing,

Rgds

Rotor
Thing is if you had the real thing would you be comfortable wearing it all the time under all circumstances or would it be in and out of the safe, in which case maybe you`d be worrying in case your house got burgled?
Buy a one from the lucky looky man and you always have the time, without the worries,who cares what ppl think?
Some of the richest guys in the world dress as rough as a badgers backside..
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:05 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is if you had the real thing would you be comfortable wearing it all the time under all circumstances or would it be in and out of the safe, in which case maybe you`d be worrying in case your house got burgled?
Buy a one from the lucky looky man and you always have the time, without the worries,who cares what ppl think?
Damn but that is sharp.

I remember seeing a sketch where a line of expensively dressed men are sequentially boasting "I'm so rich I drive a...". The first has a Rolls, the second two, the third has one for each day of the week, the next a cusomised one and so on.

Finally the last man who is dressed pretty roughly says quietly, "I'm so rich I drive an old Ford."

The others all gasp "He must be REALLY rich".

Personally, I don't give a sh*t. I never wanted an expensive watch, because it was so easily scratched and marked. I used to wear a £20 Seiko and planned to throw it away when it got too battered, even if that meant each year. It lasted me 5 years faithful service. In the end, a year ago in Spain I took it off, as it was getting grit under the strap as I worked. I then felt so much freer that I never put it back on.

I'm happy to wear Tesco's finest clothes, trainers and skip personal adornment. Soy hombre de a pie/ de garbanzo.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I`m comfortable wearing my Rolex at all times but then I am a big ugly so and so ,If you dont care what people think why waste money buying a fake off the lucky man ,they rarely last more than a week, better to buy a 20 quid casio with a years warranty
Your right about some wealthy people dressing down, a friend of mine is worth several million without exagerating but you could buy all his clothes new for less than a £100,it all depends what business your in,sometimes you can get away with looking like a sack of __ite others not,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:37 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. There are times when you need to dress up, but I prefer avoiding such scenarios.