Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mini Valet//Car Wash

Mini Valet//Car Wash

Old Oct 28th 2014, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mini Valet//Car Wash

Originally Posted by cricketman
Why would you be opening during English opening hours when you will be in Spain?

You need to research into what people do when in Spain. For example, most people leave work at 8pm, do they wash their car then? Would there be much point being open during siesta hours?
I leave work at 6pm.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
I leave work at 6pm.
That's nice for you
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:06 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you be opening during English opening hours when you will be in Spain?

You need to research into what people do when in Spain. For example, most people leave work at 8pm, do they wash their car then? Would there be much point being open during siesta hours?
Wouldn't that be a good time to be open as they wouldn't be at work but perhaps on the way to or from work?

Why are most (all) supermarkets open during siesta then?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Wouldn't that be a good time to be open as they wouldn't be at work but perhaps on the way to or from work?

Why are most (all) supermarkets open during siesta then?
It was a question that the OP needs to answer, not a statement
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

People at work could come during siesta, people work later than 6pm could come maybe weekends it's going to be open 7 days a week and on maybe the three market days I could extend until 7pm.

Anything else you want to dig me out about ?

Are you a business owner ? If so what's your business ?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's look at some numbers. The place is open 70 hours a week employing one member of staff (a friend) and yourself who only wants a mere wage.

Lets say your mate works 50 hours a week and earns 300 euros and you want a mere wage after all your there everyday and hands on so lets say 300 euros for you and presumably you can cover all the hours. Now add on your autonomo and we're already at 860 euros without the employment costs. Now add on the rent and cleaning materials. I expect we are now up to about 1100-1200 euros. Add on gestor fees and advertising and round it up to about about 1500 euros per week. Then I presume you'll need some sort of insurance on top.

This means you need to be earning 23 euros per hour every hour excluding IVA just to break even.

Lets assume you charge 10 euros per car then you have to clean 183 cars a week which is 2.6 cars per hour. or another way

183 cars @10 euros 1830
less Iva (331) 1500
less wages (600) 900
less autonomo (260)640
less employment costs (40)600
less rent/utilities (200)400
less materials (100)300
less gestor (20)280
less advertising (30)250
less insurance (20) 230
less your cost of travel to and from work (30) 200
less paying someone to cover your holiday or your employees ???
And I bet there will be something else

There may be a bit of fat in the figures but 2.6 cars per hour is a very tall order.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
People at work could come during siesta, people work later than 6pm could come maybe weekends it's going to be open 7 days a week and on maybe the three market days I could extend until 7pm.

Anything else you want to dig me out about ?

Are you a business owner ? If so what's your business ?
I am helping you by asking the relevant questions, as is stuboy

I work in marketing personally and have done the odd feasibility study

My personal opinion is that you would be a complete slave to this business and you would be lucky to earn 3 euros per hour personally from it, but if you feel it is a risk worth taking then that is all that matters

However, good business people listen, take in all kinds of views and then make their own minds up
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stuboy
Let's look at some numbers. The place is open 70 hours a week employing one member of staff (a friend) and yourself who only wants a mere wage.

Lets say your mate works 50 hours a week and earns 300 euros and you want a mere wage after all your there everyday and hands on so lets say 300 euros for you and presumably you can cover all the hours. Now add on your autonomo and we're already at 860 euros without the employment costs. Now add on the rent and cleaning materials. I expect we are now up to about 1100-1200 euros. Add on gestor fees and advertising and round it up to about about 1500 euros per week. Then I presume you'll need some sort of insurance on top.

This means you need to be earning 23 euros per hour every hour excluding IVA just to break even.

Lets assume you charge 10 euros per car then you have to clean 183 cars a week which is 2.6 cars per hour. or another way

183 cars @10 euros 1830
less Iva (331) 1500
less wages (600) 900
less autonomo (260)640
less employment costs (40)600
less rent/utilities (200)400
less materials (100)300
less gestor (20)280
less advertising (30)250
less insurance (20) 230
less your cost of travel to and from work (30) 200
less paying someone to cover your holiday or your employees ???
And I bet there will be something else

There may be a bit of fat in the figures but 2.6 cars per hour is a very tall order.
Look Stuboy has done the work for you!
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:23 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

I am helping you by asking the relevant questions, as is stuboy

However, good business people listen, take in all kinds of views and then make their own minds up
Hola

I like the above; BEFORE committing loadsa dosh, it is a wise man that comes to the forum and gets the best brains to work out the worst case scenario.

Davexf
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

But it's only a mini valet on a car that is 10€ + IVA.

It takes 15 minutes = 4 per hour x 2 workers = 8 per hour = 80€ per hour.

And that's just cars. 4x4's, small and large vans is more.

Obviously I would have to build up to that but if I was breaking even at first and just my mate having a wage I wouldn't mind.

Like I said AGAIN this isn't something I'm relying on and iv got nothing but time to make it work if I want to have a go at it.

I appreciate the negative critics and them numbers are very handy but i'm sorry that still ain't enough to put me off having a go.

Also when it does build up I will employ another lad and I have the capability to do 12 mini valets in 1 hour that is capability of earning €120 per hour.

Not that it's always gonna be at full capability but will have the means.

That is full capability of taking 7560€ per week plus IVA.

I would be over the moon with less than half that.

But if i did build it up to the point it was at full capability then WOW.

I don't expect that but you never know.

So a mere wage will do in the long run.

But then I will have more expensive valets on the menu plus the vision to branch out into outcalls and maybe contracts with companies I spoke about.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cricketman I do listen and take in views and opinions that's why I made the thread in the first place.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Obviously I know a car wash would never make that sort if money.

But I'm just saying that is full 9 hour days none stop.

I'd be happy with just even a little portion of that when our name has been built up and built customer relations
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
But it's only a mini valet on a car that is 10€ + IVA.

It takes 15 minutes = 4 per hour x 2 workers = 8 per hour = 80€ per hour.
The key number here is percentage capacity

Of course at full capacity you will make lots of money and even at half capacity you will, but realistically capacity will be a lot lower than that

I sometimes pay 10 euros to get my car washed in a drive through car wash which also has a man who finishes the car off

The car washes are only ever busy at 10am-2pm on Saturday and Sundays. The rest of the week they are empty
Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Tom, you wrote above that your lowest priced mini valet will be 12 Euros, so my question is how does this compare with the cost at the automatic car wash or the DIY one with power washers etc?

Where/when will you find the time to run/work in your UK business?

If you set up this business, how long will it take for someone else to set up opposite and undercut your prices.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The key number here is percentage capacity

Of course at full capacity you will make lots of money and even at half capacity you will, but realistically capacity will be a lot lower than that

I sometimes pay 10 euros to get my car washed in a drive through car wash which also has a man who finishes the car off

The car washes are only ever busy at 10am-2pm on Saturday and Sundays. The rest of the week they are empty
YESSSSS BUT THATS THE ONE YOU GO TOO!!!

NOT MY ONE!!!

IF YOU HAD ANY IDEA OF THE SPOT THAT I HAVE GOT YOU WOULD PROBABLY SAY DIFFERENT.

Iv already had plenty people I know who said they would use it weekly. Young people with nice cars especially, like there car cleaned every week.

Businesses need building they need dedication they need time.

At first it would be very slow, dedication would hopefully pay off in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.