Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mini Valet//Car Wash

Mini Valet//Car Wash

Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mini Valet//Car Wash

Finally some numbers been waiting for somebody to reply about the autonomo etc!!

Could you elaborate more on IVA please. What percentage is it at at the moment ?

Obviously each invoice would be plus IVA like everything else the law is the law isn't it, as long as we keep up to date with books and invoices there wouldn't be a problem.

Suppose the good thing about a car wash is there would be fluctuation each month.

Iv been told autonomo is based on four and eight hours. Four being 150€ per month and eight being 300€ per month. I truly believe if you have a successful business in Spain autonomo is a massive bonus just being able to pay that one off payment, it's 20% of everything in the UK.

Obviously in the uk it's 20% after a certain amount but goes in your favour if you don't earn much that month or depends whatever you declare in your tax return, but who thinks negative and wants to earn little ?

Obviously a bit of a nightmare in Spain having to pay it if you are not earning very well but ya know what it's life it ain't that bad and it don't hurt to try and build a little business up does it, it could go one way or the other.

If it flops then shut up shop and de-register from autonomo.

Ya win some ya lose some!!

Last edited by Albir_Tom; Oct 26th 2014 at 11:15 am.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:53 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

The equivalent of autonomo in Spain is the self-employed stamp in the UK. How much is that?
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimenato
The equivalent of autonomo in Spain is the self-employed stamp in the UK. How much is that?

£0 per week if you register stating you dont expect to earn more than £5885 a year.

£2.75 per week above that.

Bonus in UK is that register as self employed and get immediate access to housing and other benefits, hence the magnet for foreigners.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

20% ? Equivalent ? Isn't it just one set monthly payment and not a percentage ?

Uk is 20% of all earnings i'm sure.

IVA is 22% no ?
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:05 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

A thought came to me; Wasn´t there a law passed 3 / 4 years ago about recycling the water used car washes? I seem to recollect major changes going on at our local DIY car wash

Davexf
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom

IVA is 22% no ?

Tom, IVA is 21%.

Equivalent autonomos in UK is definitely not 20% see what I have written above, you can google it to confirm.

Also look at segsocial site to find out more about autonomos payments or visit a gestor.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:12 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

IVA is 22% no ?
Here is the self-employed stamp government page...

https://www.gov.uk/self-employed-nat...nsurance-rates
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:13 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

A thought came to me; Wasn´t there a law passed 3 / 4 years ago about recycling the water used car washes? I seem to recollect major changes going on at our local DIY car wash

Davexf
yes - I believe that is the case.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for replys.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

IVA is 22% no ?
Correct (to a point) The UK is 20% on everything if the everything is above a certain amount. There is no VAT on businesses whose is income is less than about £70k per annum.

In Spain you pay IVA no matter how small your business is.

There is not really an equivalent of autonomo in the UK. All an employer needs to do is make a class 4 (Ithink) National Insurance contribution for a few quid a week to qualify for full pension rights.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mate a complete professional valet on a car takes all day and it's normally a call out to do that sort of job because nobody is going to want to wait around for that, if you had ever paid for one you would know about that. As for trundling up the n332 to get your car cleaned.... What are you on about ??? Who goes out of there way to a pull in car wash ? It's the busiest road in and out of benidorm hundreds if not thousands of cars pass through that part of the 332 in and out of benidorm each day either coming of the ap7 or from albir, altea etc into benidorm or on the way out vice versa. so you if you use that road often see the signs etc get to know where it is, people will start using it but going out there way to come will be a bonus.

Also why are you talking about sainsburys and in pounds ? This is a Spanish expats forum lad.
There's no need to get arsey. You asked for opinions and you don't like them.

That's your problem. You seem to determined to forge ahead no matter what. I expect you came on here for everyone to endorse your idea not challenge you.

I wish you luck, I really do not like to see anyone fail. Your desire to run the business professionally and legally is admirable but I doubt there will be very much if anything left after you have paid autonomo, IVA, wages, rent, advertising and materials.

If this is not your main income as you say then ask yourself Do you need all the hassle and for what/how much?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
If this is not your main income as you say then ask yourself Do you need all the hassle and for what/how much?
Quite

One may ask why certain Polish people are valeting cars for £5 in the UK? I suggest it is because they are absolutely desperate

It is not a lifestyle choice
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not getting arsey!!

Iv been looking through loads of threads on here and it's the same people over and over again trying to pick any flaw, nook and cranny out on everything everybody says.

End of the day if the issue I have with water is ok then I am going spend the few quid and set it up and I'm damn well going to try and make it work. Takes a lot for me to accept fail and I thrive on proving people wrong. From what I have read on this forum certain people on here seem to think absolutley nothing will
Work in Spain it's impossible for anybody to earn any money. We are retired we don't have to worry so we will cast doubt over youngsters blah blah blah!!!

If I set this up and it flops I personally promise that I will create a thread on he saying my business flopped lol.

How can anybody categorically tell me really that it isn't going to do any good ? Do you speak for the thousands/millions of car owners in Spain.

Cricketman one might jolly old sayyyy that the ones in the uk usually have probably 5 other car washes in the same city even other city's and are generally run and set up by the Romanian mafia.

True talk!!
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:09 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We have such an ( official ) team in our local Sainsburys car park, from observation they wash up to 20 cars day each, The min charge is £5 it can cost up to £20 That lets say £100 /day.
Better than being a benefit claiming lard arse watching daytime TV .

The question few want to answer is why are eastern Europeans prepared to do this type of work when the local Brits would rather queue at the post office to get their benefits then complain that there are no jobs for them.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Cricketman one might jolly old sayyyy that the ones in the uk usually have probably 5 other car washes in the same city even other city's and are generally run and set up by the Romanian mafia.
There are nealy 1 million Romanians in Spain. A lot of them spend their time begging on the streets or collecting cardboard to sell for a few cents. Why haven't they tried the same car wash scheme here?

That is your 1 million euro question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.