British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   mijas ufo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/mijas-ufo-652682/)

Lenox Feb 3rd 2010 8:40 am

Re: mijas ufo

I was once having dinner in an open-air terrace in Benalmadena - maybe thirty years ago - when a lump of green jelly sunddenly landed - thump! - in my dinner. I called over the manager who looked at it and said 'don't laff, but we have had a lot of flying-saucer activity recently. I'll bring you a new plate of food'.

bil Feb 3rd 2010 8:47 am

One thing that always amuses me is that how UFOs only seem to appear to hippies, nutters, or those suffering from suspect kebabs.

The point everyone seems to overlook is that if these things are real, then they come from a long way away. Seriously distant. So much so that it would take light hundreds, if not thousands of years to get here.

So, either they have faster than light travel (which would be seriously interesting) and can swan about the galaxy looking for hippies to wind up, or else like us they are stuck in the space time reality difined by Einstein, in the which case they have spent an unbelieveable time getting here.

In the latter case I suspect that they are so deranged by the constant alien cries of 'Are we there yet?' that spend their time here winding up hippies and kebab consumers.

jjh Feb 3rd 2010 9:46 am

Originally Posted by bil (Post 8307377)
One thing that always amuses me is that how UFOs only seem to appear to hippies, nutters, or those suffering from suspect kebabs.

The point everyone seems to overlook is that if these things are real, then they come from a long way away. Seriously distant. So much so that it would take light hundreds, if not thousands of years to get here.

So, either they have faster than light travel (which would be seriously interesting) and can swan about the galaxy looking for hippies to wind up, or else like us they are stuck in the space time reality difined by Einstein, in the which case they have spent an unbelieveable time getting here.

In the latter case I suspect that they are so deranged by the constant alien cries of 'Are we there yet?' that spend their time here winding up hippies and kebab consumers.

Well I´m not in any of those classifications, bil :lol:

Lenox Feb 3rd 2010 11:29 am

I've always thought they were a kind of cheap package-tour cruise from the Planet Klunk. Probably going through a crisis this decade over there...

simon2129 Feb 3rd 2010 5:51 pm

although i understand your sceptism,if you had seen what happened i am sure you all would be more understanding.It is now nearly 48 hours since my sighting and i can assure you my bowels are very much still out of control.This should not be ignored

bil Feb 3rd 2010 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8308990)
although i understand your sceptism,if you had seen what happened i am sure you all would be more understanding.It is now nearly 48 hours since my sighting and i can assure you my bowels are very much still out of control.This should not be ignored

Bear in mind that real proof would be worth a small fortune. On the other hand, we would all probably pay good money NOT to see proof of the state of your bowels......

jjh Feb 3rd 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8308990)

Then you should go to see a Dr. :D

rachelk Feb 3rd 2010 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by jjh (Post 8307581)
Well I´m not in any of those classifications, bil :lol:

Oy! Neither am I bil!

fionamw Feb 3rd 2010 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by jjh (Post 8309288)
Then you should go to see a Dr. :D

Which doctor? Doctor who? :rolleyes:

dancing queen Feb 3rd 2010 10:10 pm

well simon, i guess you do need to see a doctor about your explosive evacuations, i am sorry i offended you suggesting that maybe you had an "iffy" kebab. I find many of the comments very distasteful, you are obviously quite disturbed by this strange experience. My daughter had to have the day off work today and it doesnt look like she will be going tomorrow. She is very shaken by the whole experience. I have been reading about trauma and shock and i would hazard a guess that you have irritable bowel syndrome. Try to stay off dairy products for a few days and see if that helps. Shock can do strange things to our bodies. I will pray for you this evening.

bil Feb 4th 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by dancing queen (Post 8309784)
I will pray for you this evening.

Well, we have a god of thunder, a god of the sea and so on, but never in my wildest dreams did I conceive of a god whose remit was bowel movements.

I do personally believe in 'The Great Bum In The Sky' That crappeth upon us all, as that belief seems to mesh seamlessly with life as we know it.

simon2129 Feb 4th 2010 6:13 pm

[QUOT I will pray for you this evening.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dancing Queen .i have reported my sighting and i am reliably informed another 4 sightings were spotted over Southern Spain . Sorry to labor this point but i was fine until i started to recall my sighting and within 3 hrs i had a huge explosion and a total collapse of my bowels .I am considering seeing the doctor if there is no improvement as this must be related

bil Feb 4th 2010 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8312210)
[QUOT I will pray for you this evening.

Thank you Dancing Queen .i have reported my sighting and i am reliably informed another 4 sightings were spotted over Southern Spain . Sorry to labor this point but i was fine until i started to recall my sighting and within 3 hrs i had a huge explosion and a total collapse of my bowels .I am considering seeing the doctor if there is no improvement as this must be related[/QUOTE]

Bowled over eh?

big wheels Feb 4th 2010 10:09 pm

Now if this had happened around Nerja I could well beleive it.

On a day trip there last year I noticed there were plenty of ufos to be seen in the sea :eek:

(Unidentified Floating Objects) together with a rather pungent smell. ;)

dancing queen Feb 5th 2010 2:20 pm

Im really not happy about some of the flippant comments made about this subject. I spent all night at the hospital last night with my daughter whom as i mentioned before is very traumatised, she has been given some sedatives and is suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome, she has also started smoking which she has never done before.....i have seized them all from her though and am keeping an eye on her.
I truly think Simon that if your bowel has collapsed you need urgent attention, do you mean you are "loose ? " i dont mean to be so cruel but your profile photograph suggests that you dont eat very healthy, maybe this is the wake up call to a healthier lifstyle, having said that i am concerned for you and will keep you informed of my daughters progress.