Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Microsoft Office - Trial Period Expired

Microsoft Office - Trial Period Expired

Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Microsoft Office - Trial Period Expired

Originally Posted by Fred James
Some manufacturers are now shipping PCs loaded with Office 2010 Starter Edition.

This is a reduced function version of Word and Excel with some adverts. Frankly it meets the needs of most Office users (who rarely use more than about 10% of the full function set anyway).

It is not a trial version so you can use it for as long as you like. If you want to release the full function and remove the ads you purchase a product key just as you now do for the trial versions that we have been discussing on this thread.

At least this way you know what you are getting and don't have the problems when it expires.
Yes - I bought a laptop in the UK back in April that had this installed. The 'child' in Curry's that sold me the laptop persuaded me to buy MS office saying that if I could get a copy from a friend I could return it & have a refund.

Well - when I discovered the starter version installed on my laptop I was delighted - it had all that I needed & I am happy to ignore the ads, but boy.....when I tried to get my £80 back from Curry's I had quite a fight on my hands with them insisting that the starter edition was a trial & I'd lose everything in so many days!

I won in the end but will never again cross the threshold of a Dixon/Curry's/PC World shop - for other related reasons which I won't go into here
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:13 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Microsoft Office - Trial Period Expired

Originally Posted by lovingthesun
Yes - I bought a laptop in the UK back in April that had this installed. The 'child' in Curry's that sold me the laptop persuaded me to buy MS office saying that if I could get a copy from a friend I could return it & have a refund.

Well - when I discovered the starter version installed on my laptop I was delighted - it had all that I needed & I am happy to ignore the ads, but boy.....when I tried to get my £80 back from Curry's I had quite a fight on my hands with them insisting that the starter edition was a trial & I'd lose everything in so many days!

I won in the end but will never again cross the threshold of a Dixon/Curry's/PC World shop - for other related reasons which I won't go into here

must agree about their "children". Several years ago considering an upgrade and one told me I couldn't have a desktop with a floppy drive (all my life is\was on floppies) as "they don't do that anymore". When I turned round and asked why a top of the range laptop had a floppy but no cd he suddenly found a customer at the other end of the building to hassle.

why do they think that a potential customer with a bit of grey around the ears is easy meat ? My first entry into computing was in the 60's and I don't have MUG tattooed across the forehead.