Michelin Stars are out - Spain´s got talent

Michelin Stars are out - Spain´s got talent

Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:38 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Michelin Stars are out - Spain´s got talent

Restaurant (magazine) Top 50

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Restaurant magazine produces an annual list of the 50 best restaurants in the world based on a poll of international chefs and critics. In 2006 El Bulli in Catalonia (Spain) pushed the 2005 winner The Fat Duck down to second place. The two top restaurants are forerunners of molecular gastronomy. Most of the restaurants serve classical French cuisine, or at least a close interpretation of it. The following gives the magazine's globally renowned rankings from 2002-2009.

Best restaurant in the world:
2009 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2008 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2007 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2006 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2005 The Fat Duck, Bray, Berkshire, England, UK
2004 The French Laundry, Yountville, California, USA
2003 The French Laundry, Yountville, California, USA
2002 El Bulli, Catalonia (Spain)

Link to full article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restaur...t_in_the_world

Last edited by Jur; Apr 21st 2009 at 11:41 am.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Michelin Stars are out - Spain´s got talent

Originally Posted by Jur
Restaurant (magazine) Top 50

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Restaurant magazine produces an annual list of the 50 best restaurants in the world based on a poll of international chefs and critics. In 2006 El Bulli in Catalonia (Spain) pushed the 2005 winner The Fat Duck down to second place. The two top restaurants are forerunners of molecular gastronomy. Most of the restaurants serve classical French cuisine, or at least a close interpretation of it. The following gives the magazine's globally renowned rankings from 2002-2009.

Best restaurant in the world:
2009 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2008 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2007 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2006 El Bulli, Roses (Spain)
2005 The Fat Duck, Bray, Berkshire, England, UK
2004 The French Laundry, Yountville, California, USA
2003 The French Laundry, Yountville, California, USA
2002 El Bulli, Catalonia (Spain)

Link to full article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restaur...t_in_the_world
Pardon my ignorance but whats "molecular gastronomy"?

I do believe if its the restaurant run by Heston Blummenthal (The Fat Duck) it was recently closed for a period due to a serious bout of food poisoning!!!!

Not wanting to start a riot on the forum but are these levels of gastronomy only found in the north of Spain and not so readily available on the costas? And no, I am not complaining about the Spanish cuisine just innocently enquiring. But I suppose like the UK, major cities are more likely to have the better restarants.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:15 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Most of us are never likely to frequent this type of establishment (isn't there a two year queue for El Bulli?)
Anyway, the best home cooking trumps all!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sharon B

I do believe if its the restaurant run by Heston Blummenthal (The Fat Duck) it was recently closed for a period due to a serious bout of food poisoning!!!!

Not wanting to start a riot on the forum but are these levels of gastronomy only found in the north of Spain and not so readily available on the costas? And no, I am not complaining about the Spanish cuisine just innocently enquiring. But I suppose like the UK, major cities are more likely to have the better restarants.
Not being rude ,but if u google it u will find some interesting facts on it.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

El Bulli IS on a costa!!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
Jur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_gastronomy

Wikipedia, People !

"Molecular gastronomy is a scientific discipline involving the study of physical and chemical processes that occur in cooking.[3] It pertains to the mechanisms behind the transformation of ingredients in cooking and the social, artistic and technical components of culinary and gastronomic phenomena in general (from a scientific point of view)."

AND:
"Terminology confusion
The term molecular gastronomy was originally intended to refer only to the scientific investigation of cooking[33], though it has been adopted by a number of people and applied to cooking itself or to describe a style of cuisine.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the term started to be used to describe a new style of cooking in which some chefs began to explore new possibilities in the kitchen by embracing science, research, technological advances in equipment and various natural gums and hydrocolloids produced by the commercial food processing industry.[34][35][36] It has since been used to describe the food and cooking of a number of famous chefs, though many of them do not accept the term as a description of their style of cooking. [37] Other names for the style of cuisine practiced by these chefs have included "New Cuisine", "Progressive Cuisine", "Nueva Cocina", "Culinary Constructivism", "Modern Cuisine", "Avant-Garde Cuisine", "Experimental Cuisine", “Techno-Emotional Cuisine”, “Molecular Cuisine” and “Molecular Cooking”, though no singular name has ever been applied in consensus and the term molecular gastronomy continues to be used, in many cases, as a blanket term to refer to any and all of these things - particularly in the media.[38]

Chefs often associated with molecular gastronomy because of their embrace of science include: Pierre Gagnaire, Ferran Adrià, Jose Andres,Heston Blumenthal, Homaro Cantu, Wylie Dufresne, Grant Achatz, Sat Bains, Sean Wilkinson, Richard Blais, Kevin Sousa /Pittsburgh, Sean Brock, Marc Lepine /Ottawa, Will Goldfarb/NYC."

Last edited by Jur; Apr 21st 2009 at 12:28 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Most of us are never likely to frequent this type of establishment (isn't there a two year queue for El Bulli?)
Anyway, the best home cooking trumps all!
I once endeavoured to make a reservation. The restaurant is only open for 6 months a year anyway, and from memory the waiting list was about a year long although there was "a possiblity" of getting a cancellation sooner.

As the reservation was supposed to be a birthday gift for my boyfriend and I didn't know if we would still be together a year further down the line I decided against making a reservation!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_gastronomy

Wikipedia, People ! "Molecular gastronomy is a scientific discipline involving the study of physical and chemical processes that occur in cooking.[3] It pertains to the mechanisms behind the transformation of ingredients in cooking and the social, artistic and technical components of culinary and gastronomic phenomena in general (from a scientific point of view)."
Thanks Jur, that explains everything!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:31 pm
Jur

Thanks Jur, that explains everything!!!!!
I´ve added something !
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Veleta
I once endeavoured to make a reservation. The restaurant is only open for 6 months a year anyway, and from memory the waiting list was about a year long although there was "a possiblity" of getting a cancellation sooner.

As the reservation was supposed to be a birthday gift for my boyfriend and I didn't know if we would still be together a year further down the line I decided against making a reservation!
Well, I am curious now. Did you tell your boyfriend what you had considered for his birthday and had decided against it. Because he would have been greatly disappointed or had he long gone?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:48 pm
Jur

They found a better place to eat:
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur

None near us and the children have now been weaned off them!! Freshly cooked meals everyday in Spain now, obviously in the same calibre of the above mentioned restaurants. Unfortunately, too many fast food joints in close proximity of grandparents house in UK.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, I am curious now. Did you tell your boyfriend what you had considered for his birthday and had decided against it. Because he would have been greatly disappointed or had he long gone?
No, I never told him. I think I ended up giving him something really crappy instead, like a pen...ha!

We are still together, about three years after trying to make the reservation, so I could have made one for the following year after all. Never mind.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:18 pm
Jur

None near us and the children have now been weaned off them!! Freshly cooked meals everyday in Spain now, obviously in the same calibre of the above mentioned restaurants. Unfortunately, too many fast food joints in close proximity of grandparents house in UK.
There´s a burger king in the Islantilla commercial center.... for 20 €uros I won´t tell your kids.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:54 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Looks great if you got more money than sense.

I`d prefer the local Venta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.