Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Metal supplier malaga area

Metal supplier malaga area

Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

dougyzf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Metal supplier malaga area

Hello does anybody know of a steel supplier in the malaga area? I need to buy suitable material for making some handrails and fencing.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Metal supplier malaga area

Originally Posted by dougyzf
Hello does anybody know of a steel supplier in the malaga area? I need to buy suitable material for making some handrails and fencing.
Are you looking for someone to make these for you or the metal to make them yourself? why Malaga, are you not nearer Sevilla?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Metalwork shop:
In Aguadulce

List of places in Sevilla and surrounding areas:

Yellow pages info

In Malaga and surrounding areas:

Yellow pages info

I would tend to get any metal lengths I need from Hierros Cartama in Cartama (Malaga), generally comes in 6 mtr. lengths, they will not cut so if you have a small van make sure you take a saw/disc cutter to cut the lengths.

Hierros Cartama

HTH
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Ive just moved down to Benalmadena,and im doing the work myself so will only need to find a supplier.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thats great thanks for your help!!!!!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dougyzf
Hi,

Ive just moved down to Benalmadena,and im doing the work myself so will only need to find a supplier.
If in Benalmadena then even easier than Malaga, Sevilla or Cartama, there will be somewhere in Benalmadena I am sure... but I can tell you where in Fuengirola (Might actually be easier and it´s only 15 to 20 mins away):

If you only need a small amount they just get it from a metalworker.... I use a small place on the 'Camino de Coin' just 2 doors up from the 'Flores Imaculada' roundabout and they do forging also if you need it (Left side beside the sign place opposite the parking area in front of the ´Space rental nave beside SOFAS´ - The sign and metal man are small sheds type locals). There is also a wholesaler in Fuengirola for full lengths of metal just 300 mts. away from the metal workshop. Go down where Butano is then there is a wholesale metal supplier there right opposite the artificial wall stone yard, take a cutter for long lengths as I can't remember if they will cut it but don't think so. Butano is down the road that 'Flores Imaculada' is on the corner of, drive down 200 mts. and the road swings 90º to left, the metal yard is the first nave you come to when you take the turn.

The Camino de Coin is actually cut off at the moment for road works, so go to the service road that has Dunne's stores on it (Take the Mc Donalds turn off the Fuengirola by-pass, then take the service road that runs parallel to the by-pass - Opposite side to the Waterpark, then take the roundabout between Iceland and Dunnes and it will bring you out at the Flores Imaculada roundabout, right beside both metal places).

HTH

Last edited by Econ; Jun 28th 2009 at 6:38 pm.